Sound Issues with Hopper w/sling

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
My Hopper ./sling recently started having sound issues while watching any programming, whether recorded on external HD, internal HD or live. The sound starts delaying behind the faces on the screen so they do not match up. delay is 2 to 5 seconds. Usually i hear a pause but video continues then they are out of sinc. All I have to do is pause the programming for a second, then push play and it is sinced back up. I have pushed the red button on the receiver, did a full restart by unplugging the receiver but the problem still continues. It is intermittent but continues. Wondering if it could be the HDMI cable? About the only thing I have not replaced.

Wife is doing some hollaring and said I needed to come ask here for ideas. :)

thanks!

Are you going through an AV receiver? If so, possibly a problem there. Run HDMI directly to TV. If persists, switch out the HDMI. Failing that, contact DIRT.

If you have an AV receiver does it have voice sync capabilities? I have an Onkyo & I know that it does. Maybe you can keep the HDMI cable hooked up to the TV & use a digital optical cable to your AV receiver(again,if you have one) & see if that works.

Too funny, did nothing last night, had the tv on for hours and no issues. Guess I just needed to threaten it! ha!

I could not get sound while playing a DVR program last night. I hope the optical sound problem has not returned with the new sw. If I switch to HDMI sound on the TV, all is fine. After the 1 am update all is fine again. This Hopper SW is so inconsistent and unreliable. The fees Dish charges for the Hopper/Joey system should allow them to have better SW engineers . Please stop adding new features and fix all the bugs that have existed for a long time.

My Optical Audio is starting to act up again. Not as bad as the long ago issue, but every once in a while. I sometimes just hit pause and the sound comes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts