Sound on AMC3 PBS Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flinthill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
West Central Texas
Hi All,
Can someone tell me how to receive the audio for the PBS channels on FTA AMC3? I can get the video just fine but no sound.

Many thanks for your help.

RonM

Thanks to everyone for the quick response. We are planning to upgrade to HD and will make sure to get the right capability to decode the PBS channels.

RonM

I would assume it was brought up in one or the other of those threads, but . . .
I do believe all the FTA hi def receivers will decode the AC3 and put it out the RCA audio leads.
It seems a common feature mentioned in all the reviews I've read.
... or you can take out digital audio on its own RCA or optical connector.

other AC3 option

Hi All,
Can someone tell me how to receive the audio for the PBS channels on FTA AMC3? I can get the video just fine but no sound.

Many thanks for your help.

RonM

Recently I found a little speaker set for PC, has a digital input for AC3. It works!

Boston Acustics BA735

I use BA-735s for PCM (uncompressed) digital sound from a coax digital output, but they won't work on Dolby Digital (compressed) signals. If you tune to an AC-3-only channel, all you'll get is high-pitched shrieking. They don't seem to have an onboard Dolby Digital decoder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts