Visionsat IV-200 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Woofle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Hi,

Neither my Mercury II nor the Visionsat finds KEXP from a blind scan.
(G10R 11805/H Audio PID: 114).

The Merc, I just went to "Add channel" and put it in from Lyngsat, and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks now.

However, I can't figure out how to do this for the Visionsat. The closest I could find is "Service Scan" with the "Advanced" feature, where you can specify the PID, but it does not find the channel even when I put the 114 in for audio PID.

I went through all the menus (or at least all the ones I could find) and looked through the RTFM (Read the Fantastic Manual :) for how to do this, but no joy.

Wondering if there is some "trick" to manually enter PIDs when the service scan doesn't find them, that someone's discovered and is willing to share. :)

My firmware is listed as v1.40. Don't know if that's my problem, since the website shows dates and not version numbers for their downloads. Perhaps it's worth upgrading (for this reason or others?)

Before I upgrade I'd like to hear from someone who's done it and thinks it's worthwhile. I've done software and firmware "upgrades" (Vista comes to mind ;P) that turned out to be less-than-stellar. :eek: ;)

Thanks for any KLOOS. I'm short a Kloo-gnome this week.

it should log in fine. I have a Visionsat and logged in 4 channels when doing a manual scan
11805 H 4580 is the info
They log as on the tv side
Svc 1 channel (UWTV)
Svc 2 channel (Research)
svc 4 channel (blank)
the audio logs on the radio side as "svc 3 channel"

My firmware is listed as v1.40. Don't know if that's my problem, since the website shows dates and not version numbers for their downloads. Perhaps it's worth upgrading (for this reason or others?)

Hi Woofle,

I can't comment on your problem with scanning KEXP (I'm still C-band only with my Visionsat), but as far as the firmware version goes I think v1.45 is the latest (#3 in their list). I don't know if that would make any difference with your issue, the only thing I noticed when I upgraded to v1.45 is it cured my clock, it wouldn't keep time with the firmware that came pre-loaded from the factory, good luck.

it should log in fine. I have a Visionsat and logged in 4 channels when doing a manual scan
11805 H 4580 is the info
They log as on the tv side
Svc 1 channel (UWTV)
Svc 2 channel (Research)
svc 4 channel (blank)
the audio logs on the radio side as "svc 3 channel"

Thanks! I found it. I'm not sure how I missed this.

I haven't tried the channel editor, but that may be one way to create a radio channel on the video side.

Better signal meter response?

Hi Woofle,

I can't comment on your problem with scanning KEXP (I'm still C-band only with my Visionsat), but as far as the firmware version goes I think v1.45 is the latest (#3 in their list). I don't know if that would make any difference with your issue, the only thing I noticed when I upgraded to v1.45 is it cured my clock, it wouldn't keep time with the firmware that came pre-loaded from the factory, good luck.

I upgraded from 1.40 --> 1.45 (the version that supports the smart card. Not that I think that will be useful, but I thought it would be fun to see what you can do in the menus with it. Turns out, nothing without a card inserted. :)

Well, I noticed the signal level meter responds quickly but doesn't seem to "bounce around" as much. It's *much* easier to fine-tune the signal.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)