Sound quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I have had the Hopper/Joey since they first came… I just switched back to my local cable company, using a pair of tiro units. I have noticed two things right of the bat, sound quality is greatly improved it sounds more dynamic and DD5.1. In fact I thought my surround speakers were broken since they hardly ever produce output. Picture quality is also improved on most channels.

I’m not sure i will stick with CableVision, I am just trying it out as they are giving me a much better deal. Strangely as much as i like Tivo, the Hopper as a bunch of cool features! So is there a setting in the hopper that I might not be using to improve the audio?

You can change the audio settings under menu, settings, and audio. Decoder should be set to dobly if you are using a surround sound system.

Disable Volume Leveling. MENU/Settings/Audio/Audio Output . Also be sure Dolby/PCM is selected.