Source for a 2.4m dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
I'd like to get a 2.4m dish to replace my 1.8m dish that won't pick up DW-TV anymore. I want a 2.4m dish with a ground mount like the one on the left, to replace the one on the right:
375546_2893727741311_1203828635_3183746_2013303478_n.jpg
I am not able to find a reseller that sells the Fortec Star 2.4m. I know there are equivalents, just rebranded, but I'd like to know where to buy one that is one of the sponsors of this site. I need one with a ground mount like in the picture on the left.

Thanks.

I'd continue hunting for a free one in somebody's yard that isn't being used, as well as Craigslist. You might have to drive a few miles to get one. I've driven probably 300 or so miles to get the three I've had over the last few years. And it won't be as flimsy as the Fortec dishes.

Sadoun.com shows 2.4 M dishes on the website. They are located in Columbus, Ohio which may be close to you in Pennsylvania or not... I got a stationary one from them a few years back and hauled it home in my Xterra.

I'd continue hunting for a free one in somebody's yard that isn't being used, as well as Craigslist. You might have to drive a few miles to get one. I've driven probably 300 or so miles to get the three I've had over the last few years. And it won't be as flimsy as the Fortec dishes.

I won't be able to mount anything that requires a pole, that's why I want something with a ground mount like I have.

Sadoun.com shows 2.4 M dishes on the website. They are located in Columbus, Ohio which may be close to you in Pennsylvania or not... I got a stationary one from them a few years back and hauled it home in my Xterra.
Sadoun doesn't seem to sell one that is ground mounted, only pole.

If Sadoun can't help..
... if SatelliteAV has discontinued these dishes (worth a call to see if he's got one left in his warehouse) ...
then I'd call up Robby at WSI / Galaxy Marketing in Atlanta/Los Angeles and ask him!

Failing at all that, only then I'd move on...

Let's break this into two problems:
- finding and 8' dish
- ground-mounting it instead of on a pole in the ground !

I also prefer some solid dishes to mesh, but we can't always get what we want.
And a mesh that works, is better than a solid that doesn't, any day. - :up - ;)
Some solid dishes can be quite heavy.
So, maybe think about a very light weight mesh?
They are around, close to free for the asking.

But, let's say you run across a solid 8' ChannelMaster (4 molded segments)
Those are outstanding dishes, with some great stories here on the forum!
Or maybe you'll find an 8' spun aluminum like the Birdview or (more rare) Paraclipse Hydro.
I have an 8' spun aluminum perforated one-piece dish that was probably manufactured by DH Satellite, and sold under another name.
It's very stiff, strong, and light!

So, about that fixed mount, now...
You could probably bolt up some square or round tubing.
Maybe like what you have.. or maybe a different design.
Perhaps you could weld up some tubing or plate to make a nice bottom for a short piece of pole.
I think if you consider all your options and resources, mounting a dish, once you get it, might not be such a big problem at all. ;)
And the guys 'n gals here will probably help you brainstorm a solution, if you ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts