South Bend Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RichBrubaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I hear South Bend will be turned on this Thursday 12/11. I also heard from a friend that I'll need an additional dish installed to receive them.

Can anyone tell me if it's true I'll need another dish installed?

I hear South Bend will be turned on this Thursday 12/11. I also heard from a friend that I'll need an additional dish installed to receive them.

Can anyone tell me if it's true I'll need another dish installed?
According to "The List", they are on the 61.5 satellite. So if you don't have a dish pointed at that satellite, the answer is yes. Dish is supposed to install free. Don't call before 12/11 because the csr's will not be notified until then.

Is there an easy way to tell if I already have a 1000.4 dish? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I know they have until midnight before it isn't the 11th anymore but Im beginning to think only the one HD local is going to be up for South Bend after today..... the others aren't up yet and AFAIK aren't even uplinked at present. although WNDU wasnt uplinked when it suddenly appeared a while ago.

would they actually announce a new HD local market and only put up one... then count that as a new market ?

or am I just being a little paranoid...

Agree Bisque...very disappointed. You would think that they would wait till at least 4 of the 8 locals were ready to go in HD before calling it a new DMA being included in their target for the year. One is better than none tho...

Well, Dish had better get busy, since there is only 3 hours and 32 minutes remaining. Tick... tick... tick...

Well, Dish had better get busy, since there is only 3 hours and 32 minutes remaining. Tick... tick... tick...

its the 12th, still only WNDU... so now having one pathetic HD channel apparently counts as a new HD market. very sad.

Obviously, Dish must have meant next December 11th... Foo.

Ok, I had my dish installed Sept 3, 2008. It is currently pointed to 110, 119 and 129. I live in South Bend and Dishnetworks website now shows WNDU-HD being available. I know it is on 61.5. Is my dish 1000.2 or 1000.4? How can I tell? My home owners association only allows 1 dish to be installed at one residents. If I don't have a 1000.2, what do I do?

Ok, I had my dish installed Sept 3, 2008. It is currently pointed to 110, 119 and 129. I live in South Bend and Dishnetworks website now shows WNDU-HD being available. I know it is on 61.5. Is my dish 1000.2 or 1000.4? How can I tell? My home owners association only allows 1 dish to be installed at one residents. If I don't have a 1000.2, what do I do?
It is 1000.2.
Could be replaced with 1000.4 if you can see that far east. Also, would require you to have the new Smartcard(s) in your receiver(s). The receiver(s) would all need to be MPEG4 HD capable.

It is 1000.2.
Could be replaced with 1000.4 if you can see that far east. Also, would require you to have the new Smartcard(s) in your receiver(s). The receiver(s) would all need to be MPEG4 HD capable.

I have 2 brand spanken new vip 722's (part of my install on Sept 2) and a clear shot to the east.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts