South Florida Voom Zone!!!

truqui, that worked like a charm. My guide data was back within 10 minutes. Does anyone know when we are going to get the next software revision? I ask because my wife is complaining about the guide always starting at channel 100.

TC_Lauderdale said:
truqui, that worked like a charm. My guide data was back within 10 minutes. Does anyone know when we are going to get the next software revision? I ask because my wife is complaining about the guide always starting at channel 100.

Hmmm, you've had Voom for several days and you should already have the latest software which fixes that. Check to see what software version you have, it should be v5.68

Press Voom
Green button
Scroll down to System Status or System Settings (If I recall correctly)
Page Down - this is where it should state your software version

Parish and John...regarding CC hold...my install was 3/15 and they debited my card on 3/16

TC_Lauderdale said:
Yeah, I've been on v5.68 since the second day I got Voom installed. I could have sworn that it was fixed, however now the guide starts at 100 no matter what I do.

I checked last night...
The guide starts at channel 100 when you bring it up through Voom button and selecting All or HD channels. I guess this is what you mean, right?
Yeah it's annoying. I thought you meant it would go to channel 100 when you powered on...this was the case before the upgrade (it was even more annoying)

Skydish Technologies

I live in Hollywood and I have a local company called Skydish Technologies coming to do the install. They are late so far and I called and left a message and paiged them but no reply yet. I'll keep waiting. I just can hardly wait to be Vooming!! Does anyone have any experience with this company. Thanks

Skazy, sorry I haven't heard of them, did they finally show up? I know a few of the companies in South Florida, although they have different names are actually the same company (IE Southern Satelite and HiTech Inc).

Southern Sat & Audio did my install. 2 guys came out, one was
a helper and they got it done in about an hour. Everything worked fine but the OTA reception took some time to adjust
the stealth. I did have them run separate cables from the
dish and stealth into my house. They tried using the multi-
plexer but I said NO, I want them separate. They agreed and
gave me no trouble.

They said they had done over 200 voom installs so far.

P....

Problems with 2-1, 2-2, 2-3?

Is anyone else having a problem receiving ota 2-1, 2-2, 2-3? I get all other mapped channels with strength of 55 to 65. 2-1 is usually less than 20, if it gets to 20 then I get a picture and sound but it keeps breaking up when the signal drops below 20. I have messed with my antenna which is a channel master uhf\vhf combo but can't seem to pull 2-1 in. What kind of signal strength are other folks getting on 2-1? I am not sure what else I can do, I have raised the antenna as high on the outside pole as it will go about 15' off the ground. Any ideas?

Voom To Be Installed on 5/21 in Pembrokoe Pines

I was reading the forum and found all of your posts very helpful. A friend of mine had Voom installed back in November and his experience was really bad. I warned him that the first group would have the most obstacles to overcome (Beta). The price you pay for going first. :) Despite his experience, I put in my order. It sounds like the software is much more stable than in 2003. I just need that HDTV fix! :D

Is anyone in the forum using a standalone DVR? I have both DirecTV Tivo and Replay and have been reading a lot about their use in the forum. I have had DirecTV Tivo for years, and used OTA STB for S. FLA. local channels. Using a Terk 55, which I have heard poor reviews, I get every single channel available. It took a lot of tweaking on placement, but works great. I am debating if I will give the Stealth antenna a run. . .

I will keep everyone posted on my experience, and hope the box comes with the latet software. Until I can get ReplayTV working with Voom (which needs a lot fo coding on a computer) or Voom DVR, I will be keeping my DirecTV Tivos active. If anyone is interested, there are great posts about Voom DVR's with full media home networking here. . .

Look forward to joining all of you as a Voom user.

Thanks again for all the great info!

discodol said:
Is anyone else having a problem receiving ota 2-1, 2-2, 2-3? I get all other mapped channels with strength of 55 to 65. 2-1 is usually less than 20, if it gets to 20 then I get a picture and sound but it keeps breaking up when the signal drops below 20. I have messed with my antenna which is a channel master uhf\vhf combo but can't seem to pull 2-1 in. What kind of signal strength are other folks getting on 2-1? I am not sure what else I can do, I have raised the antenna as high on the outside pole as it will go about 15' off the ground. Any ideas?

Are you getting 2.1 on the PG? 2.1 rarely broadcasts. I can pick it up on my OTA STB with 95% signal, but they rarely send a feed. My parents had a similar problem, and they live in Miramar. Upon turning off the amp feed, 2.1 comes in. It is a little annoying but works. I'm in Pembroke PInes and do not have any issues with the antenna. I hope this helps. . .

OTA Ft Lauderdale

I see 2-1, 2-2, 2-3 in the program guide. I am using a large channel master antenna on the roof with no amplifier. Signal strength fluctuates between 15 and 20. I never get above 21-22.

$500 Rebate Voom & Brandsmart

Hello All,

I was watching Jay Leno and saw a special deal for Voom. I guess they are getting more aggressive. The commercial started with Voom advertising and then a picture of Brandsmart. Now through June 1st, when you buy any HDTV and sign up for Voom, you get a $500 mail in rebate.

Could this lead to a large growth of South FLorida customers? I don't know about you guys, but I like Brandsmart, and I think Voom will sell better through Brandsmart than Sears.

Any Thoughts?

P.S. I think the commercial will get a lot of attention since NBC is really hyping the Friends Season Finale.

Brandsmart Rebate Details

To receive your $500 Mail-In Rebate please follow these 5 steps:
(the form must be postmarked by August 15, 2004)

1.Between May 1, 2004 and June 1, 2004:
a. Purchase any HD, ED, HD-Ready or HD-Compatible television from BrandsMart USA, and
b. Purchase a $149.99 VOOM Start-Up Kit from BrandsMart USA, and
c. Subscribe to eligible VOOM programming (Va Va Voom, Voom and PlusPacks) that costs $60 or more per month (exclusive of taxes), committing to a two-year term.

2. Have your VOOM system installed and activated by June 30, 2004.

3.Fill out the form COMPLETELY below please print clearly.

4.On your original receipt(s) from BrandsMart USA, circle the costs of the applicable television and VOOM Start-Up Kit.

5.Mail the form (postmarked by no later than August 15, 2004), together with the original dated receipt(s) for your TV and VOOM Start-Up Kit from BrandsMart USA and a copy of your first VOOM monthly statement (remember to keep copies of all of the materials you submit, as originals will not be returned)

And of course the fine print:

IF PROGRAMMING SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT MAINTAINED OR IS CANCELLED OR TERMINATED PRIOR TO END OF THE TWO-YEAR COMMITMENT TERM, AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OF $500 WILL APPLY TO THE CREDIT CARD VOOM HAS ON FILE. REDUCED BY $20.83 FOR EACH MONTH OR PORTION THEREOF THROUGH THE INITIAL DATE OF SUCH NON-COMPLIANCE OR THE DATE OF SUCH TERMINATION OR CANCELLATION, AS THE CASE MAY BE. Offer valid on purchase of specified product(s) only. Limit one rebate per household. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of rebate. VOOM is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, or misdirected mail or any submissions with insufficient postage. All Federal, State and Local rules and regulations apply. Offer valid in the U.S. only, and only for the service area of the VOOM service. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Duplicate requests or any other use will constitute fraud. Theft, diversion, reproduction, transfer, sale or purchase of this offer form, or cash register receipts, is prohibited and constitutes fraud. Your rebate rights cannot be assigned or transferred. VOOM reserves the right to modify the specifications and terms of the offer without notice. Not responsible for any condition caused by events beyond the control of VOOM, which may cause the offer to be delayed or disrupted. Keep copies of all materials submitted, as originals will not be returned.

The link:

http://www.brandsmartusa.com/rebate...0501_040601.htm

Well, I just got back from Brandsmart, and I went with the $500 Rebate deal. I called Voom and the CSR was great. Since I already had my order and install for May21st, they just switched out my account, which allowed me to get the rebate.

This was a no brainer for me. I already have a 65" Mitsu in my family room, and I used the rebate to buy a 34" 16:9 Flat screen for my bedroom. A little overkill, but oh well. After rebate, I will only be out of pocket $598 + tax, since I got a really good deal on the TV.

My parents and friends are signing up as well. They saw the 2 year commitment as a negative, but after a discussion they changed their mind. Worst case scenarion, you are getting a $20.88 discount on your tv monthly, if you cancel you pay the difference. If you wanted a new TV anyways, this is a great deal no matter what. Also, you can lease or buy the Voom boxes. I went with the lease becuase I am waiting for the PVR's.

By the way, they do have a LIVE FEED, and the traffic and purchasing volume was insane. They had Huge ads in the paper with the Voom name everywhere. The Voom CSR was also very aware of the BrandsMart deal.

I was disappointed with the lack of knowledge by the Voom reps. at the store. They could not answer any of my questions, and gave incorrect information. I actually had several discussions with customers, which was to Voom's advantage, since the reps could not explain things correctly.

Well, I am happy with the decision, and I look forward to joining you guys as a Voomer.

So SoFlas Voom Revolution begins...!!! Exciting!
Welcome to the club Skakusha...I assume you will have a two room install?

Thanks! Yes, I will have a two room install. I wish I could get install sooner. :( I will post my expeiences here and keep everyone in the loop.

We'll I just got my first stuck pixel about 10 minutes ago after having the box more than a month. A reboot fixed the issue, but I wonder what causes this? My boss freaked out last evening around 3AM when he received a few patches of stuck pixels, but I assured him that a reboot when he got home tonight would fix the issue.

I just got a call this evening that my install will take place tomorrow at noon. Yahoo! :D I spoke to the installer and he told me there would be an extra charge to run a second line from the antenna. He told me he would charge extra for this and that I should use the diplexer.

We will see whta happens. I will post my experiences tomorrow.

I may be off-base, however many here have mentioned that the diplexer is not the way to go. I know for a fact that you shouldn't use the diplexer in a single install combining the dish and the OTA antenna due to degredation of the signal and PQ loss. If the installer is charging extra for a second run, read the Voom FAQ, and call Install's Inc to have them set the installer straight.

Don't pay extra for having 2 lines installed, it's included
in the fee they are paid by Voom !

My installed tried using only 1 line but when I insisted
he said ok.

P....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)