Southern Tier New York

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LessThanSammy

Original poster
May 6, 2004
Anyone else voom'n it in the Southern Tier? I am in Endicott NY, Binghamton basically. Was wondering how everyone else is doing with their OTA and where there install experiences were?

Sam

Lowspeed,

I get everything except ABC (which has the most HD). You will not get NBC because it is not broadcasted digitaly (it originates from elmira and is rebroadcast analog only in binghamton). I have gotten the upgraded antenna, but it still didnt help. All of our channels are mapped though, I called VOOM and had them work that out. I do have large ammounts of foliage between me and the antenna farm so all my problems are probably due to that. I would suspect that if you have a clear LOS you will get all the available channels with no problem.

I got Verizon DSL to so I am not completely TWC free!!!!

I plan on installing an antenna of my own later this summer. I dont watch much network TV so it doesnt really bother me atm.

The installers that are used are pretty good. They may seem a little "rough" around the edges but they are nice people. Havnt had any problems with them, they have been very helpful and very responsive. Its just a question of whether or not the antenna will work for you.

I have direct view of the antennas i should get ABC very clear.

How are you satisfied with the HD voom channels ?

Hows the SD quality ?

:)

LessThanSammy said:
Lowspeed,

I get everything except ABC (which has the most HD). You will not get NBC because it is not broadcasted digitaly (it originates from elmira and is rebroadcast analog only in binghamton). I have gotten the upgraded antenna, but it still didnt help. All of our channels are mapped though, I called VOOM and had them work that out. I do have large ammounts of foliage between me and the antenna farm so all my problems are probably due to that. I would suspect that if you have a clear LOS you will get all the available channels with no problem.

I got Verizon DSL to so I am not completely TWC free!!!!

I plan on installing an antenna of my own later this summer. I dont watch much network TV so it doesnt really bother me atm.

The installers that are used are pretty good. They may seem a little "rough" around the edges but they are nice people. Havnt had any problems with them, they have been very helpful and very responsive. Its just a question of whether or not the antenna will work for you.

The HD channels are great IMHO. I dont watch a ton of the VOOM exclusive movie channels, but I have. All of their HD channels are such great definition its amazing. The SD channels are far better than what I was used to with cable, but with a lot of HD you get spoiled fast. I notice some flickering on certain channels, like comedy central and history and a couple others. But when I had cable and VOOM next to each other VOOM was still better, its just that I notice it more now. One great thing is the OTA channels are a HUGE improvement in quality over cable, which is pretty crazy.

I personaly love VOOM. You will read a lot about people complaining on here, but overall they are great. It wouldnt even be worth having the TV I have without them.

I live in JC and have Dish Network. I may be joining you Voom folks as soon as someone owns it. Are the installers local people or out-of towners?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts