Southwest Cooking Discs

Hatch green chile chicken fajitas...View attachment 147306

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
I've been following your adventures with the Cooking Disc. I decided I need to build one. I found a propane burner for it on CL today, cheap $20. Now studying ways of obtaining a disc. They come in every size you can think of. What size is the one you use? My burner has a 14" diameter ring on it so I'm thinking 20 - 24 inches.

SAM_8651.JPG SAM_8653.JPG

Sorry, it didn't snap when I got home last night, thinking 24".
No problem. I've been checking to see what I might find around here for used discs. It's starting to look more like finding a needle in a haystack would be easier. LOL But all it takes is to find the right person to talk with. :) I did a little shopping online and found a lot to choose from. The shipping costs are crazy right now and I'm trying for a low budget project. So I'll invest the time and save the money ;)

No problem. I've been checking to see what I might find around here for used discs. It's starting to look more like finding a needle in a haystack would be easier. LOL But all it takes is to find the right person to talk with. :) I did a little shopping online and found a lot to choose from. The shipping costs are crazy right now and I'm trying for a low budget project. So I'll invest the time and save the money ;)
There is a guy who sells firewood roadside here in Abq. He sells harrow plow disk cookers that he calls, "Cowboy Wok's." He also makes custom smokers and outdoor pizza ovens. Nice stuff and reasonably priced.

Reactions: Magic Static
Been having some interesting challenges with this project. :) Finding a used disc probably won't happen. I did find an old Weber propane grill in the trash. 1998 Genesis 2000 with tank. I stripped off the firebox and working on ideas to mount the burner in it.

SAM_8657.JPG SAM_8661.JPG SAM_8663.JPG

Reactions: Foxbat and TRG
I got the burner mounted in the cart. I set it up so I can adjust it for optimum performance. I fired the burner for the first time :eeek Holy forest fire Batman! I could heat a three footer with that. But seems to be working good.

SAM_8689.JPG SAM_8690.JPG

I found a bunch of old discs but I had to take them all and the harrow too LOL $500 cheap ;)

disc harrow.jpg

Reactions: dfergie and TRG
Reactions: Foxbat and dfergie
Looking Good!
Cooked center cut bacon from Sam's, 3 mini potatoes, diced hatch green chile, ham, diced beddar w/ cheddar jalepeno with beef & pork chorizo adding 8 eggs tonight on my disc on my electric stove to make breakfast burritos for the week... (ended up with a few extra ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)