Spaceway 2 Launch thread - It's up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vurbano said:
No. They got rid of ST HD last year in January and we got dick then for National HD.

I'll make this simple for you... how many birds have gone up since January (tonight's delay aside)?

I'm starting to take bets on which goes up first this bird or the next space shuttle. I have $20 on the next space shuttle!!!!

I still think even NASA could have gotten it into orbit by now!!!! My $20 still lays with NASA getting the next space shuttle up before this satellite goes up!!!

wolfman said:
Should have gone with Sea Launch again. It would have been up a running by now. :yes

The old Soviet Union hasn't had much trouble with D* sats either. Just launched another (non-D* obviously) a week or two ago.

Ariane's web site and other publications are silent concerning the new launch date. As of 2:45 CST, I could not find any definite report of time and date for a new launch, anyway. Maybe they'll do a stealth launch to avoid what is no doubt an increasingly loud chorus of boos as they miss date after date.

This is one of the few times I have not wished great misfortune upon the French. Put that baby up there and stop acting French (in this house, rhymes with "inept"), please.

I'm not goign to be PC.. I'm just going to say it... Get those French tards off their ass and get this thing in the air. What a freakin joke these clowns are!!!!!!!!!!! And they wonder why we make fun of them.... I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!

hancox said:
I'll make this simple for you... how many birds have gone up since January (tonight's delay aside)?

I'll make this even simpler for you. How many years has D* done HD for ST? The answer is three seasons. This being the third and they shut them off each time. And how many National HD channels have they added? One? ESPN2HD? The point is one has nothing to do with the other. ST in HD robs from PPVHD and overall bandwidth. Turning ST off has absolutely nothing to do with getting national HD channels

mthompso105 said:
According to the Arianespace web site, they are taking the launcher off the pad.
Arianespace to reschedule its heavy-lift Ariane 5 ECA mission
November 13, 2005

Arianespace's dual-satellite Ariane 5 ECA mission will be rescheduled in the coming days following minor problems with the ground support infrastructure at Europe's Spaceport in French Guiana.

The Ariane 5 will be returned from the ELA-3 launch zone to the Spaceport's final assembly building today to resolve the minor problems, which involve the mobile launch table on which the heavy-lift vehicle is installed.

Both the Ariane 5 and its dual payload of Spaceway 2 for DIRECT TV and Telkom 2 for PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia remain in a safe standby mode.

The Boeing-built Spaceway 2 will enable U.S. operator DIRECTV to bring local high-definition programming to most of the U.S. population, as well as expand its standard-definition local offerings.

Telkom 2 is an Orbital Sciences Corporation STAR 2 spacecraft platform, and it will be used by Indonesia's PT Telkom to expand its satellite communications coverage area into the ASEAN region and the Indian subcontinent.

http://www.arianespace.com/site/news/news_sub_missionupdate_index.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.