Spanish HD programming

Totoro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Boston
I just subscribed to a Spanish package and I notice that the Dish Network programming guide lists channels 270 and 272 as HD (UNIHD and TFPHD), but as far as I can tell, they are not. They also don't appear under the HD listings on Dish Remote Access. Anyone know what is going on?

If you "JUST" subscribed, the HD map-downs to the 270 range haven't populated on your receiver yet and it could take until tomorrow for that to happen. (or you could hard reset your receiver to force it). As mentioned by Randall above, just head up to the 5300 range where the HD channels really "live" until the HD map-downs populate.

Tony, the mapdowns never worked for me when I had Dish. I don't know if they fixed that now but that's one beef I had with Dish Network that the HD channels in the Latino Packages didn't have mapdowns. :(

I thought they were at 5347, 5348, 5349 for the Spanish packages HD? 800 range SD?

For English packages HD, 9528, 9522, 9521, mapped to 273, 272, 270?

I'm surprised you're getting any HD channels at all. I thought you needed LatinoDos or LatinoMax to get HD (or an English package)

The locals and free channels are in HD. I downgraded from Dish America because I now have Hulu Plus and I don't care about sports.

This is correct info and Latino packages don't map down. Have talked to the DIRT & no such luck to get this done so far.
833 Galavision HD
827 Univision HD (East)
5348 TeleFutura HD (West)

I suppose that you would have to have a local Spanish channel in HD to have an HD feed of those with DishMexico (the first Dish Latino package).

Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max are HD for Life eligible.

These would help for your channel list:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/OnlineChannel_Latino.pdf
DISH LATINO

Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max are HD for Life eligible.

I mistakenly assumed that having an HD DVR was all you needed to get HD channels, as long as those networks were included in the package. But I see that Encore HD disappeared after I downgraded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)