Sparky Anderson passes away

Another memory I have of Sparky: he was very hyperbolic.

I remember when the Red Sox acquired Lee Smith during the 1987 Winter Meetings, Sparky proclaimed the Sox would win the AL East by 20 games. :)

Let me also add that not only was he one of the best personalities in baseball and a very beloved person, he was also one of the best personalities in any profession

Its been great seeing all the "special" shows that local networks have put on, brings back some great clips of the 84 team, the 87 team that came back from like 5 games back with a week to go (what a last week against the Blue jays that was) Great man who always looked at himself as just a regular guy!

R.I.P. Sparky

I grew up a Reds fan during the Big Red Machine days. So he was always one of my favorites. When I was young I would listen to all the pre and post game shows on the Reds Network. The Main Spark with, first, Al Michaels and then Marty Brennaman would interview Sparky before each game. I'm sure I learned a lot about baseball from this show. He was a fine manager and an even better man. Baseball will never see another like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)