Spaun? Eagle Aspen? Terk? Channel Master?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beavis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I'm looking at getting a 5x8 multiswitch when I have my dish installed, and I've heard Terk isn't the best. I'm looking at an Eagle Aspen 5x8 and the price looks right. Any recommendations?

You are right, Terk is not good. I have experience with Terk and Eagle Aspen and I Eagle Aspen is an excellent choice. At least Eagle Aspen publishes their specs. From what I have heard, Spaun is an excellent choice, as well. I just have not had experience with Spaun. I am happy with my Eagle Aspen.

If you don't use the ota input or if you have a separate cabling system, like I do for my own syatem and the high end custom installs, that I do a lot of, the best switch is the Zinwell SAM-4803 4x8 multiswitch.

It is small; It is weather resistant; it works with all DirecTV dish configurations (except those using two dishes); and it is reasonably priced at $50 from most suppliers.

I've got over 50 of them installed out there with absolutely no problems. Zinwell manufacturers a lot of units for others under their own labels. But, they have larger form factors.

Which Multi-Switch

Beavis said:
I'm looking at getting a 5x8 multiswitch when I have my dish installed, and I've heard Terk isn't the best. I'm looking at an Eagle Aspen 5x8 and the price looks right. Any recommendations?

For what it's worth--I've had a Terk 5X8 up in my attic (very hot in the summer) here in Houston for the last 3+ years with no problems. I'm sure the Eagle Aspen is a good switch also. The Spauns are good, but they're pretty pricey.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Mike500 said:
If you don't use the ota input or if you have a separate cabling system, like I do for my own syatem and the high end custom installs, that I do a lot of, the best switch is the Zinwell SAM-4803 4x8 multiswitch.

It is small; It is weather resistant; it works with all DirecTV dish configurations (except those using two dishes); and it is reasonably priced at $50 from most suppliers.

I've got over 50 of them installed out there with absolutely no problems. Zinwell manufacturers a lot of units for others under their own labels. But, they have larger form factors.

I'm going to use the OTA input for lifeline cable, cause I know how flaky locals on D* can be. Does Zinwell make a 5x8?

tds4182 said:
For what it's worth--I've had a Terk 5X8 up in my attic (very hot in the summer) here in Houston for the last 3+ years with no problems. I'm sure the Eagle Aspen is a good switch also. The Spauns are good, but they're pretty pricey.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Thanks! Yeah, I think Spauns are geared towards commercial accounts or residential accounts with 16+ IRDs. I think the Terk issue is in the same vein as the Sammy TS360; some people have zero probs, other people think it's junk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)