Speakers for SR2000 Home Kit?

mtsmylie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Twin Falls, ID
So my lovely wife got me a JVC SR2000 plus the home and car kits for Christmas, and I can't wait to get it up and running.

Only problem is the the best place for it to get the signal is nowhere near our stereo. The Home Kit manual mentions the CS-SR100 speakers that plug into the home kit, but I can't find them in stores or mentioned anywhere online.

Anyone know where I could get my hands on them, or find a suitable replacement for them?

Perfect!

Oh, snap! That's just what I was hoping for!

Now I just have to find out when it gets released.

Just out of curiosity, how long has the SR2000 been out?

I have heard the boombox was being released in Jan. That was according to crutchfield. The SR2000 has been out for probably 3 or 4 months maybe a little longer.

How far away from the stereo is it? I run mine through the FM tranmitter into our FM receiver across the room (~ 10 feet).

Temporary fix

It's probably a bit too far to the nearest FM receiver, but that's OK, because I rigged it up to a set of computer speakers that will work fine until the boombox comes out.

I was on the Sirius Backstage site and some people said that the signal was being received hundreds of feet away, so turn on the receiver and tune your stereo to one of the stations and see if it picks it up. I am new to this, but I believe your unit has the FM modulator built in, so it does'nt hurt to try. :)

I can be at the end of the driveway (150 feet) and still pick it up pretty good. I turned it on and used a little handlheld radio and it worked :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)