Special Charlie Chat Recap (Midnight Mst)

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
(NOTE THE SPECIAL CHARLIE CHAT RECAP FOLLOWS THIS POST)
SatelliteGuys.Us
No Charlie Chat tonight, this is from a new loop same info as listed elsewhere...
Edit: Charlie Chat Recap to follow, came on at Midnight Mst... working on the recap please bear with me got into this late...

Attachments

• potential.JPG
    potential.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 606
  • all american direct.JPG
    all american direct.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 563
  • please do not.JPG
    please do not.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 524
  • Album - Distant Info.mp3
    630 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight Chat

SatelliteGuys.US
Special Charlie Chat Midnight MST December 1st, 2006 : Recap
Charlie Ergen and Jim DeFranco

Special Topic: Distants Shut Off Friday December 1st

Welcome to the special edition Charlie Chat, there has been a lot of activity and we want to make sure you have the most current information for our customers.
If you are watching tonight it means you have lost one or more of your distant networks, the reason is that a Court order by a Judge in Florida goes into effect tonight, and by midnight tonite we will shut off all of our distant network channels which are:,ABC, NBC , CBS and FOX.
About 900,000 Customers are affected. 7%
Group A 300,000 Customers will lose channels from outside your city (time shifting capabilities)
Group B 300,000 or so 174 markets , do not sub to local channels, but they are available to you.
Group C 300,000 live in one of the 33 markets where neither DISH(no LIL's) network nor any other Pay TV provider offers local network channels,or are missing some channels... no simple solution...

OFFER FOR AFFECTED CUSTOMERS
* In all local-in local markets, consumers are offered local networks free of charge through December 31st , 2006

*Free Satellite dish upgrade where technically feasible

*Free Off-air antenna where technically feasible

* Another company not affiliated with DISH Network can provide Distant Networks to qualified customers

There is a new company that is not associated with DISH: All American Direct that starting tomorrow will be delivering to qualified customers Atlanta and San Francisco distant networks.

All American Direct
*C-Band dishes and satellite receivers for over 20 years
* Offers distant network channels from Atlanta or San Francisco to qualified DBS customers
*No Separate Equipment (for the most part)
*But* Broadcasters are challenging this

Contact All American Direct
www.mydistantnetworks.com
current info available for B or C customers here...

Another possibility DirecTV

Customers who were receiving these distant channels will not be billed anymore (credited for partial months etc)

How you can help:
Call 1-888-267-1227 to contact your Congressman
Visit www.savemychannels.com
Congress will be back in session December 4th...

Senators who all stood up for your rights
Leahy, Allard , Inoyye, Snowe, Rockefeller, Byrd, Salazar, Clinton, Roberts, Pryor, Enzi, Ensign

Questions: on Sound bytes

Next Charlie Chat in a couple of weeks

Attachments

• CC2.mp3
    870 KB · Views: 181
  • CC 1.mp3
    730 KB · Views: 194
  • Charlie Chat opening.mp3
    712 KB · Views: 261
  • Artist - Part 3 C.mp3
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • All American.mp3
    998 KB · Views: 229
  • group c.jpg
    group c.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 403
  • group a.JPG
    group a.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 418
  • Who is niot affected 1.JPG
    Who is niot affected 1.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 487
  • unaffected programming.JPG
    unaffected programming.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 458
  • What is a distant.JPG
    What is a distant.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 475
  • Distants are.JPG
    Distants are.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 423
  • all american direct.JPG
    all american direct.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 389
  • Question 1.mp3
    800 KB · Views: 231
  • Question 2.mp3
    762 KB · Views: 254
  • Question 3.mp3
    838 KB · Views: 354
  • question 4.mp3
    564 KB · Views: 317
  • question 5.mp3
    848 KB · Views: 235
  • question 6.mp3
    854 KB · Views: 170
  • bill 4067.JPG
    bill 4067.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 373
  • group b.JPG
    group b.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 341
  • offer for affected.JPG
    offer for affected.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 489
  • how you can help.JPG
    how you can help.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 424
How can distant networks be shut off if you have waivers to receive them? Are the waivers not good anymore?

Interesting stuff. Great recap.

So 2/3rds of the affected subs are not losing access to network programming? They are losing only access to "local" programming (i.e. news, sports) from distant cities.

The percentage of E* subs who lose access to networks is roughly 2.5% of total E* subscriber base. And some of these will still have access to 1 or more of the networks.

And even these people now have an alternative provider.

Looking at this objectively, the total impact on the American market is pretty damn small. The numbers are that maybe 1/4th of 1% of the people who sub to DBS or cable are going to be impacted and even they have one or more alternatives - either this All-American Direct, or DirecTV, or cable.

Of course I can understand people losing access to their "old home" stations, as in someone who moved to Oklahoma from Chicago, or now have to deal with the hassle of using an alternative or doing without, being upset. I suspect a lot of people who are upset are those who now can't qualify with anyone as they were part of E*'s compliance problem.

Thanks, I lost CBS HD which wouldn't hurt so bad...If The owner of the CBS affiliate ( and now owner of the FOX affiliate) from Albuquerque, LIN would deal with E* and from what I have Heard D*(supposed to release HD LiL's before end of year).... (LIN is not giving anyone their HD affliates, NAB copy this please ;) and deal with them... )

TO THE COURT: IF YOU ARE READING:

Since the Plaintiffs have provided a link to this thread - you should be aware that they were pretty darn selective in what parts of the Charlie Chat they mentioned. Considering that Echostar ACTUALLY suggested DirecTV or Cable as an alternative...

I'm afraid that when I get home I'm going to be missing my NBC. There is no local NBC in my market, so I pay 1.50/month to get it out of NY. Is this right? Will I lose this channel?

The court order also authorized Dish to provide significantly viewed stations in appropriate markets. Any word on whether or not Dish has started turning those on yet?

Waivers

A good part of the ppl had waivers for their RV's or due to the fact that the local is running a POS pix quality station. Locals for both ABC & CBS here are in the latter category.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts