Special deals on Sunday Ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisClearman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
Are there usually off season specials on purchasing next year's Sunday Ticket? Best time to buy?

Does Superfan just add the 8x PIP channel and game recaps? It doesn't give additional HD games or anything does it?

I thought I read that in the new packages, if you are paying for "HD" you get the HD channel for any channel you are paying for.

I thought they would do the same for Sunday Ticket. Probably not though...guess I'll check it out once the new packages/pricing gets all sorted out.

You can get the Ticket on an 11 pay option, here's the link:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044

As far as the NFLST HD channels go I am assuming at this point that you would need to have the Super Fan package and the HD enabling fee.

To me it sounds like the enabling fee gives you access to any HD included in your programming package. The only fault (OK probably not the only fault) with this logic is that you would also get HDNET, HD Movies, Universial and Disc HD Theater, which technically aren't in any programming package.

Darrell S,
As of right NOW, you need the SF in order to get the NFL in HD (in the ST package).

Now, I think, ChrisClearman is talking about for next year when the new packages are in effect ....

Chris, I think and hope you are correct, I thought about that immediatly after reading that part of the description as well.
It does state that if you have an HD receiver and pay for a channel that does have HD channels you WILL get them in HD.
Os yesI do expect that the SF will fall into that statement as well, therefore doing away with the SF.
I have been expecting them to do away with the addl. fees for the HD portion of the ST for a few years now. Don't worry, I am sure the ST price will go up some to compensate for that.

But yes thats how I read that info also.

Chris, generally there is a early cheaper price for the ST, it should be out soon, D* has also made a 11 month option for subs also that spreads it out over the calender year.
Also you can just wait and it will do an auto renew with the cheapest available price for the year. See you get charged for it regardless, unless youcall to cancel it.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Chris,
Here's the statement I found and it does point out that SF will be included in the HD fee that is part of the new package.

New customers activating HD equipment on or after February 6, regardless of the programming they
choose, will pay for access to DIRECTV® HD technology at a flat fee of $10.99 per month (i.e., the “HD
Access Fee”). This fee will be required anytime a leased HD receiver is activated on a customer’s account.
The customer receives access to our HD technology so they can enjoy HD transmissions of programming
within their programming packages -- for example, if a customer has the NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™
package, he/she will get the HD games included in that package

So, that means if you paid $100 and divided that up into 12 monthly payments, that comes to about $ 8 p/m and that should cover more than the difference in the price increase with the new packages.

Jimbo

So that says that you need to purchase Superfan still, not just the Sunday Ticket.

Hmmmm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Recording on separate tuners?

Help!? Directv tech says I cant uprgade to 5lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)