Recording on separate tuners?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blitzpb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Hi all, I ran into a problem the other day when I was trying to schedule recording of 24 and Heroes. For some reason it wont let me record the two at the same time. It just comes up with a conflict notice and thats as far as I can get. I couldnt even switch tuners last night while 24 was recording. Any time I switched tuners it was on 87 and it said that I couldnt switch channels because it was recording 24 on the other tuner. After 24 was over I hit record on channel 87, then I switched tuners and went to channel 83 which I also recorded. Where am I messed up? I can obviously record from both tuners.

Thank you,

Nick

My guess is, If you look at the program guide you will see that one of the shows was probably scheduled for a minute or two longer than the normal time slot. Depending on your receiver you might be able to set a manual start or end time that is 1 minute longer or shorter. So the question is, do you want to miss the last minute of one show of the first minute of another.

Ah yes, I think thats it. I have Prison Break AND 24 to record. Im sure I have the 1 min later / earlier on both and thats probably giving me the issue. I will check it tonight. Thank you!

Nick

Don't you just love how these networks are doing this 1 minute later thing that screws up any programming because of conflicts? Thank goodness I have 2 DVRs.

I am having a similar problem tonight. I am only recording one thing right now, but my HR20 is telling me that both tuners are being used. When it gives me the option to stop recording it only shows the tuner that is recording, it doesn't show the second tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts