Special event channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Does Direct give you special channels like the Wimbledon channels if you have only the Family package, or do you need a larger pack to get those specials?

Good question. They are channels 700 and up. If you have the Family Package, are you getting them?

I have Choice Xtra but will be downgrading in a day so I'm curious. Who has the Family package and can check??

I was under the assumption that those channels were included in the family pack...
Also the NASCAR ones are too (at least on the old sheet I found)

The person who helped in your other thread hasnt been on since he last posted the list he had. Hopefully they log on and help

On the bright side...soon you can be our go-to person on these questions ;)

The person who helped in your other thread hasnt been on since he last posted the list he had. Hopefully they log on and help

On the bright side...soon you can be our go-to person on these questions ;)

I figure this is what is going to happen. I will downgrade tomorrow. Direct tells me call Thursday but I don't trust them, so better to be early. Since we have a choice ultimate preview till the 26th I won't see any difference till Monday. Then the truth for all the speculation up to this point will be known. There are probably a lot of people with the family pack but they probably don't frequent these sites on the internet, let alone sign up and post.

Need to look at directs tier map stream they feed to the card, kinda like stuff we want to do with MM and see what goes where ;)

Well then I guess I'll go scan the Intelsats on the big dish and find the masters after I downgrade.

interesting. Had to open up IE to see that. Firefox (since my user name/password is set up on the D* site) says "check package for availability"

For some reason I can't use Firefox on Directs site to log in to my account. I have to use Opera. Maybe I have too many rules for blocking ads with FF.

I run flashblock, adblock plus with my custom rules, and JS switch. This is to block all the crap advertising and flash banners that drive me crazy when surfing. JS switch allows you to turn off javascript fast in case you get hijacked to one of those malware pages.Stop the script, stop their malicious intent. I know its pretty tightened up, this is probably what stops Direct from working for me. I won't use IE (POS-NO WAY) So I installed Opera and it works fine when I need to sign in to Directs site.

Family kicked in today. I am watching Wimbledon channels right now so that answers the question that the special event channels are included :D

good to know. The Wimbledon channels are done today but the Nascar in car (795-798) I wonder if they works too?
Saturday they'll pop in for the race

good to know. The Wimbledon channels are done today but the Nascar in car (795-798) I wonder if they works too?
Saturday they'll pop in for the race

Some of those Car channels are working right now with the DTV logo & music.

But they show a slate regardless. Its like the alternate sports channels (RSN Alt). I dropped my sports package a month ago and those still show the slate (the regular RSN's are 721)
When there is programming thats when I get the "blacked out" on those RSN channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)