Special One-Night CE for 9/15 -- No Weekend CE's

This is my first look at the new GUI and I enjoy it.. When using the Page Up/Down button to jump channels in the guide it was scrolling thru them and not jumping even with my options set to Scrolling Effects Off. I changed it to On and then Off again and the guide correctly jumps w/o scrolling.

Very impressed with the UI, logos, and overall look, in addition to the HD.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Snapped some shots of my 110" screen with my Sony HD camcorder (pics are not that great & I apologize)

Attachments

• HD Guide.JPG
    HD Guide.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Searching for Signal.JPG
    Searching for Signal.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Info Banner.JPG
    Info Banner.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 149
  • HD Banner.JPG
    HD Banner.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 155
  • My Directv.JPG
    My Directv.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 160
  • Rebuilding scheduler list.JPG
    Rebuilding scheduler list.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Searching for signal - off air tuner.JPG
    Searching for signal - off air tuner.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 144
  • signal strengths.JPG
    signal strengths.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 149
  • additonal software.JPG
    additonal software.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 141
  • HD GUI Check Settings.JPG
    HD GUI Check Settings.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 149
Man...this new guide is so friggen awesome. I am very impressed.

The only real issue is the 1.5 hour guide. I know this is what they have always planned, but with the HD it seems they could have added and extra .5 to 1.5 hours

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Much better guide speed... very happy about that.
Do not like the new settings menu. I preferred text instead of graphics.
Major flaw with the video aspect ratio when in the guide.... way WAY off. Talk about low hanging fruit.

The guide is blazing fast for me.. Anyone who downloaded this the first time notice it getting slowed down much once the banners re-appeared?

I have a box connected to a SD set and an HD sling. With the new UI, I can't use the menus on the SD set when it is set to 720P. Requires the box be set at 480 which the Sling doesn't like. Time to replace my last SD set.

No one answered my question.

Which thread does DirecTV want us to submit our feedback and enhancement requests on? This one?

I thought the purpose of doing this was to give feedback and help make it better. No one is doing that...

Ok,a very strange thing just happened to me right now. I downloaded the new software on my HR24-500,HR23-700,& HR22-100 over 2 hours ago. I got picture up & was watching TV on all three(not at the same time) to make sure they were working properly. Well,the screen went gray on all three of them right now & I had to reboot all of them. The picture is up on my HR24-500(which said additional software had to be downloaded before I got picture back) & my HR23. I'm going to check my HR22 right now.......picture is back on HR22. If I didn't get picture back,I was going to revert to national release to see if that would help,but everything seems fine for the time being.