Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was just notified of a special Dish Network retailer chat which will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12:30PM ET.

The subjects of this special retailer chat are as follows:

AMC14
Digital TV Conversion

SatelliteGuys will be tuned in watching the chat and you can count on us to report anything of interest from this special chat.

Hmm be interesting to see what is said if anything useful or just things we already know.

Dish having a special retaliers chat about the AMC 14 situation so quickly is encourgaing. Sounds like Dish is ready to jump on top of the problem, and let you guys know that they had a plan B, and what that plan B is. I for one look forward to hearing about this tomorrow. I think it will be a positve.

The last time E* had a special retailer chat...It was special because it was on a thursday instead of a tuesday

If we hear about the status of recovery efforts on AMC 14 that will be good. As for the converter boxes I suppose it will be good to hear the latest on the TR 40.

You are probably correct, we seem to report everything here before they get a chance to report it themselves. :)

A lot of folks don't understand the service we do to the satellite community here at SatelliteGuys.US. :D

Let's see what kind of spin Dish will use on this one.:D

I really doubt they would be having this chat if the sat went as planned. We probably will be hearing how things will be delayed but the plan itself is still in tact.

Yhe good news is that they are trying to communicate with the retailers.

The jist of this chat will be just this.

Satellite had a problem.. But in no way does this impair Dish from being the HD Leader. We didn't really need the satellite anyway. It was just going to be there to shore us up for the future..

Dish will never say that this is going to hurt them.. And in all likelyhood, it isn't.

Dish Network wants to let their retailers know what is going on so that they do not start selling DirecTv instead after the news.

I've been a "charlie" supporter since days of "c" band. I believe that their thoughts and business plans do have the best interests of the customer in mind. The other provider is not showing that same concern. If a provider truly wants to remain competive in the market place, a open line of communications is a great way to do that. I'm sure that Dish is trying to retain that edge. We will be looking at the chat with a positive attitude..

I'm wonder if they need to reveal a bit more than "the satellite didnt reach proper orbit". It would be nice to hear a confirmation that AMC 14 will use it trusters to be positioned into proper orbit. Otherwise, why say anything?

I doubt it. Since the investigation on what really happened has not been released by SES Americom.