Special Retailer Chat Tuesday

Hopefully something along the line of "this failure doesn't kill our HD plans, only delay them a few months....."

Are we going to be able to tune in to the Retailer Chat?

Scott or staff member will keep us updated.

If it is something new or not, I still think it is a positive sign that Dish is trying to communicate more. Something we have all wanted since the Fall.

I will be tuned in, remember this chat does not start until 12:30 PM ET.

I have been working on getting Echostar to try communicating better, trust me on this... and I do think they are listening which is good. I do understand though that Rome was not built in a day. :)

Hopefully they are going to tell the retailers to get prepared to re-point a bunch of dishes toward the east coast (or install a bunch of wing dishes) so they can get on with deploying the new HD channels they've up-linked to 61.5 etc. :)

Talon Dancer

How are these Retailer Chats done? I want to call up my retailer and tell him about it. He says he never knows what is going on. He didn't know anything about AMC-14.

Well let's hope if we hear any good news today that they plan on adding some new National HD Channels this week or next. Also that the AMC 14 can reach it's orbit and that they found the issue with the engines. That way we dont half to worry about the other Sat's due to launch this year having issues.

Yeah my local retailer had not heard anything yesterday when I called but he does now due to SatGuys.. :)

Dish Network retailers can tune in on their showroom receivers on channel 999. The chat is not available to the general public for viewing.

This is the reason why I only report the stuff that you could find out by asking a retailer of "whats new" after he sees the chat. :)

Dish Network retailers can tune in on their showroom receivers on channel 999. The chat is not available to the general public for viewing.

This is the reason why I only report the stuff that you could find out by asking a retailer of "whats new" after he sees the chat. :)

Ok thanks, Scott. Just talked to his assistant. Their satellite system is down in the shop for some reason. Something else!!

Does Dish consider you a retailer or those does the media have special access?

Listened to chat and Jim says that the AMC 14 will not create a delay in their plans to offer what has already been announced.....good news

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)