Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Its been almost 4 years since I joined this forum and to say it has helped me would be an understatement.
The helpful advice patiently shared by members here, has been nothing less than outstanding.
However, I think a special shout out is deserved by one member in particular. As you know, I've had some problems lately getting my BUD up and running and I guess my frustration last weekend after a long and unsuccessful day, threw up a red flag for this individual.
Michael Graves, better known to all here as KE4EST, sent me a private message with a suggestion on how I might be better able to get an initial signal using a C Band LNBF to get my dish lined up for a satellite. I told him I didn't have one. He then asked for my address and today in the mail I received not only a C1-PLL LNBF, but also a MK1-PLL LNBF, a 4X1 DiSEqC switch and waterproof coax clamps. He sent all of this to me free of charge and by Priority Mail to boot.
Michael's generous offer just goes to show you what dedicated and sincere people we have here at Satellite Guys. Not only do they dispense valuable free advice, but in my case, Michael even went a step further, to insure my success in achieving my goal of an operating satellite dish.
Thanks again Michael.:hatsoff

John

KE4EST is a righteous dude!

59196837.jpg

52096211.jpg

Glad to hear your package arrived ok. Thanks for the shout out also.

There are times in life, when I see someone in need, and if I can, I will extend a hand. It just the person that I am.
I felt that John was really, really, really trying hard to get his set-up working. I have saw where people have whined about not getting something working. I have also noted where those same people really did not put in the needed effort to make it work. In John's case I could see that he was really try hard to get things working. So I decided to extend a hand through our USPS postal system, since I could not just drive over and help.
Now John, can put on the LNBF and use it to get the dish lined up, then once he knows the dish is pointed correctly he can put the original feedhorn/LNB/servo back on and then figure out what is going on with it much easier. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiple cables and pipe in the same trench

Utility Service Pole Replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)