Speciall offers for new customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

razzamataz

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
PA
I just love how Direct Tv is giving such wonderful offers to new customers! NOT!

Signed up with them in December of last year. Just a few days before the end of the month of 2011.
You would think that since I was that close to the end of the year and the beginning of this year that they would try to at least give a deal close to what new people are paying especially if the new deals started shortly after the first of this year. But NO, they won't.

Then I figured out how much I will be paying after the first year deal runs out! I cannot afford that and for that amount, I should have just stayed with Comcast. Heck they are offering a better deal for a bundle then Direct Tv is offering for just TV. And considering that there are very few likely ways I could bundle through Direct Tv in this area, Comcast with how much I do not like them, would be the better choice to go with right now. And come to think of it, Direct Tv is starting to sound a LOT like Comcast with the conversations I have had with them lately.

Called the other day over the prices available to new customers and they sit there asking me a dumb question as to what I like to watch! Excuse me! Then they offer what the new customers are getting for free for 3 months. Plainly told them that if I cannot get the price that the new customers are getting then I do not want the free things either! Simple as that!

Finding that Direct Tv is no better then any other provider out there. Shame really! Well when the 2 years are up, I am done with them. Financially wise, I will not be able to afford them after the first year, so I see a battle coming - come December of this year.

1. you signed a 2 year contract. thier website will show the price for every month out to 2 years. there are no suprises
2. if you couldnt afford it why did you do it?

:welcome to Satelliteguys razzamataz!

I'm sorry if you aren't getting the same deal that new customers are getting, but once you sign up you aren't a new customer anymore. The pricing structure is clearly laid out on their website. You should have checked it more carefully before agreeing to a commitment.

Raz, Had a cell phone back in the mid nineties (no contract) paid 40 cents a minute peak, 20 cents off peak and free minutes nights and weekends after 9pm. Guy hired in at work same company new phone had 500 free minutes as well as unlimited nights and weekends. I was a DirectV customer from 97 to 2009. Paid for all equipment upfront and over $100 installation. No local channels. Bought a new HD tube tv in 2001 (with internal HD receiver), paid $10 extra a month for HD and had exactly 2 HD channels. By 2006 was up to 7 HD channels until someone informed me I had to lease a new HD tuner from Directv to receive the extra HD channels. Went to activate the new receiver, was told by DirectV that I had to BUY a new compatible oval dish. (paid over $200). Couldn't erect the new dish as it was in violation of the hoa rules. Then DirectV notified me that were updating their new dishes for free! American Sat would not let me return the dish. Finally activated the new receiver 6 months before I moved into an apt and was hit with a $400. early termination fee.

DirectV as well as phone co etc will always offer better deals to new customers.

You knew what the 2nd year price was when you signed up yet you can't afford it? The price doesn't increase that much. If you can't afford an additional $20-30 a month then you shouldn't have agreed to a 2 year contract.

You know I had expected people to respond with some dignity! Guess I posted to the wrong place! Apparently NONE of you have dealt with Comcast and if you have your minds have forgotten what it was like.

In response to some of the most outrageous responses that have been posted.........

Do YOU remember ANYONE telling you what the cost was going to be the second year? I highly doubt it!

One more thing to add here - when you are making what my husband is making a pay, then get on my arse! Until then, keep your sluggish comments to your self!

razzamataz said:
You know I had expected people to respond with some dignity! Guess I posted to the wrong place! Apparently NONE of you have dealt with Comcast and if you have your minds have forgotten what it was like.

In response to some of the most outrageous responses that have been posted.........

Do YOU remember ANYONE telling you what the cost was going to be the second year? I highly doubt it!

One more thing to add here - when you are making what my husband is making a pay, then get on my arse! Until then, keep your sluggish comments to your self!

You posted a bashing comment about a company most like here in this forum. What was you expecting? As for the pricing, yes it is all online what it will be and they told you what your credits were and when they expire. If you can't afford because something financially has changed since you signed up, I'm sorry, but the easy fix is downgrade your account. If nothing financially has changed then you made a mistake. It happens all the time. Always look the fine print and listen and research what you're getting. 2 year commitment is a big deal, I would NOT signup for anything that's going to keep me locked down for that long without knowing the details.

The promotion is really no different than it was last year. You signed up and got a promotion just like everyone else, the only difference between a new customer signing up today and yours, is that your promotion is about to expire.

I just recently switched from Dish to DirectTv. Believe me, I went through all the numbers for the entire two years and beyond as far as what it would cost at each price point (3 months, 12 months, 2 years). I priced out Comcast as well and while the internet speeds are very appealing, I have trouble swallowing the $16.95 per month per receiver and the 20-30 hrs HD storage plus what I would pay at the end of 12 months. I will adjust the package/premiums to keep me within a certain range.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize that you signed up for a service not knowing how much it would cost and not having the income to pay for it. How could I have been so inconsiderate? Again, I apologize.

nope, cant get comcast, or any cable, b ut i had dish before direct

did they tell me? no, i saw it all online, the chart goes out for 24 months, very easy to use

always do you research before making any purchase, especially one with a contact and etf.

now all that said, have you looked into downgrading your package?
getting rid of all but 1 reciever?

there are options

Your question was in regard to Directv. Not Comcast
Look, on DTV's website, the pricing is spelled out in plain English. It even goes as far as to show what the price per month will be at the selected level of programming. And the price displayed includes any applicable fees.
Question. Can you reduce your monthly cost by lowering your channel package? Dropping HD programming? Reducing the number of receivers? Dropping any premium movie services or sports packages?

With limited income, perhaps pay tv is not a good idea for you.
BTW as I previously stated, the Directv website is very clear about pricing and easy to understand. In fact one CANNOT place an order on line without viewing monthly pricing FIRST. And one can easily view the monthly cost right out to the 24th month of service.
Obviously you either ordered by phone and did not ask the important questions( how much is this going to cost) or if ordered on line, did not look at the website for pricing.
Either way, the website is clear. There are no hidden costs.
You singed a legitimate 2 year agreement. You'll have to honor the terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts