Speculation on 2011 HD

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Anybody with inside information got an idea what new HD we may see this year?

Disney would be great.

In 2011, I'd like to see the 922 interface put onto the 722.

That'd be nice. I really hope they introduce some 3D like practically every other provider has!;) I really don't wanna leave Dish for D* but I may have to.

Hey, Semper Fi Frank!:up

Ed

Well, AMC HD was a pleasant surprise. I wonder if we will see any of the other Rainbow networks such as We and IFC in HD. Too bad IFC has commercials now. Oh, well...It was nice to have it commercial free for a while....
I wonder if The Hub will come in HD on Dish. I like it more than Discovery Kids. I still think The Hub has potential.
Does MTV 2 have an HD feed?

Marine, the way I understood the last Charlie chat, the 3d that is available right now is horrible to include the TVs on the market. He mentioned new chip sets that will take 3d tv to another level and that's when dish will step up to the plate.

i get a kick out of dish doesnt have discovery health yet as own but has oprahs programming on the 1st but direct has it on the guide:)

Last edited:
Well, AMC HD was a pleasant surprise. I wonder if we will see any of the other Rainbow networks such as We and IFC in HD. Too bad IFC has commercials now. Oh, well...It was nice to have it commercial free for a while....
/QUOTE]

Not only does IFC now have commercials but they're really looonng commercial breaks. So long that the commercial breaks exceed my attention span, I end up changing channels.

+1,000,000,000 . . . . Long (years) past due across the board.

The way I see it, the interface of the 922 is the ONLY thing that the 922 has going for it now that the sling adapter is out. Pay the $4 a month for the interface...which some people are happy to do.

That would be nice...but would they actually do it? Has E* ever completely changed the interface of a receiver after its release?

Well, yes. I remember the old 4700, for one, had Dish's original rudimentary (awful, as in kind of 3rd rate Micky Mouse guide; in those days you knew you were with the far less expensive Dish as opposed to DirecTV's far superior guide) NO PICTURE in quadrant possible guide like in the 2700. However, years later, Dish sent a software update and the old, ugly guide on the 4700 was "magically" replaced with the then new guide design with picture in quadrant that is still used on the 50X's, 510, 301, and 311's. That was a HUGE upgrade and improvement over the 4700's guide.

However, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a complete change in guide appearance like above. Something tells me they don't want to go down that complex road. In addition, I believe the 922's guide is really the Sling Guide and while the 922 has sling built in, the older boxes do not, IF that is one technical hurdle. I would love the 922 type guide on my HD boxes, but I won't count on it. It really would be a huge upgrade, especially for my mother, as she is an older lady who would find it much easier to find her channels by both logo and channel search/selection by channel name as she has a hard time remembering the numbers. And, no, she does not want to use the Favorites list feature because she feels she may miss something if she can't see all the channels. Nice to dream though.

Last edited:
But if we're talking about new HD for 2011, besides ESPNU and MLB networks in HD, I'd love to see them HD the entire Encore platform as well as the TMC-W channels to give the AT250 tier a real boost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts