Speculation on 2011 HD

I would like to see FamilyNet HD added. It would be a great addition to all packages with family friendly programming and classic TV shows like Lost In Space and The Big Valley.

I know I'm probably a minority of one, but it's Christmas, and my wish is to get TV5 in HD this year (French movies and TV documentaries with English subtitles). TV5 HD has been offered in Canada since 2009, and Dish already offers the SD feed on 118.7 as a premium channel, so come on Dish, how about it? Give us the HD feed as well, we know you have it!

It's a minor thing but it would be nice if they gave all their subs a better heads up regarding free weekend previews. Nothing like finding out on Sunday that you had HBO all weekend.

Marine, the way I understood the last Charlie chat, the 3d that is available right now is horrible to include the TVs on the market. He mentioned new chip sets that will take 3d tv to another level and that's when dish will step up to the plate.

Yeah, I watched the last CC too. Those comments re. 3D are pure BS. I have 3D bluray now and it's outstanding. Yeah, it's a gimmick and I wouldn't want it for everything but for a kids' movie, IMAX stuff or sports it's great. D*, Uverse, Comcast and many others have some 3D available NOW--no stinking new chipsets needed, LOL. As for 3D without glasses--ain't gonna happen anytime soon.:rolleyes:
S/F, my brother.

Ed

RFDTVHD

how about adding RFDTVHD to our Dish lineup.Here is a conversation that i had a little while trying to get the channel added to our lineup.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Hello.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: How may I help you?
Allen Culver: hello how are you doing today
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I am fine, Allen.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: How about you?
Allen Culver: Pretty Good i wanted to know that i will be joining Dish Network real soon as soon as i get my HDTV in a couple of weeks
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I'd be happy to assist you with your request.
Allen Culver: is there a way Dish would pick up RFD TV in HD and also can we see new HD Channels coming real soon
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Let me check that for you.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I appreciate your patience.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I would like to inform, you can have the RFD tv as an individual channel.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: However this is not available in HD as of now.
Allen Culver: but they broadcast in HD
Allen Culver: Http://www,rfdtv.com
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Okay.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: May I have the channel number?
Allen Culver: 231
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Thank you.
Allen Culver: check their websote and it says they broadcast in HD
Allen Culver: website i meant to say
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I know, that is okay.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I will now check that and let you know.
Allen Culver: on the bottom of the website on your left hand corner
Allen Culver: RFD HD | RFD-TV HD
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Thank you.
Allen Culver: Will there be new HD Channels coming real soon?
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Yes, we are working to get more HD channels for you in future.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I have check with the information, that the channel number you have given is not available in HD as of now.
Allen Culver: so what should i do to get RFDTVHD added to our lineup
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: You can add this channel individually and it is also available with the America's Top 200 and above.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I will now provide you the link for more information.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Please visit this site for more information.
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: Baby First TV, Outdoor Channel & A La Carte TV - DISH Network
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: It was wonderful chatting with you! Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Allen Culver: nope thank you for all your help
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: You're welcome, Allen
(03) HYtechf6 Romana R.X37: I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year "2011" and Thank you for chatting with DISH Network, have a wonderful day.

Thanks

Allen
[/FONT]

Each time I turn to the Outdoor channel it shows "available in HD". How come Dish does not have it? That is what I want in 2011. I mean they show WFN in HD and also the Sportsman channel in HD. VS. is a sport/outdoors channel too and it is in HD. I wonder why the Outdoor channel has been excluded from HD. Also, I would like to see channel 9406 (Classic Arts Showcase) have a guide that tells you whats coming up. I know that is difficult because some of their video clips are only a few minutes long. Even their website does not have a guide to tell you whats on. Most of 9406 is ancient anyway so HD would not be a factor but the guide would be nice. And last but not least I want no more software updates in 2011. My system is finally stable and I have had no problems whatsoever in the last month. I do not want them to mess with it further - I am happy with what I have but half of the updates cause problems until the other half corrects them.

Well I can't get it and I have the Everything pack. I went to All Channels guide on my receiver and the Outdoor channel is shown as 396 but that is the only one. Below it for example, is the Sportsman channel which shows HD and standard at 395 but the Outdoor channel is shown only as standard. I went to the Outdoor channel website and it shows it is available on Dish but I can't find it.

But if we're talking about new HD for 2011, besides ESPNU and MLB networks in HD, I'd love to see them HD the entire Encore platform as well as the TMC-W channels to give the AT250 tier a real boost.

agree to all those

You guys are living in 2008.

Everything is in HD.

Dish has everything that they can come to a mutual agreement with.

Things like ESPNU-HD are missing due to $$$$$.

PS Mark Cuban needs to come up with a new name for "HD-Net". I do watch the channel, but it is like having a channel called the "Color TV Channel". Perhaps "Guy TV" or something like that...

OWN

i got a question to ask you i was checking out DBSTALK and they had this listed

189 DHLTH Discovery Health renamed OWN Oprah Winfrey Network (119° TP 17 SD Instant Order)
189 DHLTH Discovery Health renamed OWN Oprah Winfrey Network (72.7° TP 1 SD MPEG4 Instant Order)
885 DHLTH Discovery Health renamed OWN Oprah Winfrey Network (119° TP 17 SD)
885 DHLTH Discovery Health renamed OWN Oprah Winfrey Network (72.7° TP 1 SD MPEG4)

i thought OWN is going to be broadcasted in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)