Speed to go HD in Feb.

Lets hope they do but bet they are late for it as usual.Dish will be late on Speed like they will be late on TBS.

Last edited:
This is one I've been waiting for. I've quickly come to hate races on SD. The NASCAR series on ESPN is what drove me to upgrade my Dish subscription to HD. Once I'd seen the OTA broadcasts on ABC, I was hooked.

Not so lucky here, my local ABC is still sd, having to watch the chase in sd is terrible. Got to see the last of yesterdays race on ESPN2HD.

This is great news. Now if E* will offer this channel would be bigger news. It is a sports channel and E* does not seem to add them fast because of the cost.

Dish doesnt care about sports and if they dont give us more I'll switch to Direct TV.

As long as this channel is available before the 2008 Formala 1 season, I can wait.

Damn, now I am excited, especially it it is broadcasted in 5.1 DD.
I hate HD channels that do not broadcast in 5.1, whats the point.

I guess is that now that there is an official launch date, and DirecTV says theirs is October (assuming their date is official also), the discrepancy will probably be explained as having the channel ready the day HD goes online instead of some time after.

To me that would preferable even tho some of sleight of hand is taking place for the time being. People will know that they will have that HD channel when the time comes. Dish? Who knows if or when they will have it. For all we know SpeedHD might not be available until August of 2008.

As long as this channel is available before the 2008 Formala 1 season, I can wait.

Damn, now I am excited, especially it it is broadcasted in 5.1 DD.
I hate HD channels that do not broadcast in 5.1, whats the point.

It won't help with F1 as the FIA only allows the HD feed in the host country at the moment. Why we only got indy in HD the last 2 seasons and not Canada or any of the other races that were carried on FOX.

It won't help with F1 as the FIA only allows the HD feed in the host country at the moment. Why we only got indy in HD the last 2 seasons and not Canada or any of the other races that were carried on FOX.

Umm...The British GP was in HD on my local FOX affiliate this year, as well as the USGP. Only Canada was SD this year for me. It was great to see 2 races in HD (well wide-screen anyway). I got to see the Chinese GP in wide-screen (nee HD) on Sky when I was in Ireland last year.

Ted