Spending more money on the AZBox!

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I decided that I liked my AZBox Premium well enough to order a second one and a new internal SATA HDD.

I couldn't locate a separate DVB-S2 tuner for sale here in the US or Canada (probably some available, but everyplace I trusted showed no stock). So, I just ordered a whole new receiver and plan to rob the tuner from it and put it in my existing AZBox to test how it functions with two tuners. This will be a fun project.

I also ordered up a Samsung HD103SI HDD. This is a 1TB HDD. I have a 500 GB Samsung HD502HI HDD in the one I have now. Going to see if it will play ball wth the 1TB HDD.

When I find the DVB-S2 tuners available for sale in the US or Canada, I will buy two and then have two dual tuner AZBoxes.

I need this like I need Noah's Arc or the Eifel Tower in my back yard or a 20 foot TV! Ha Ha. But, I just have to experiment.

I have a great deal more to learn of this AZBox, but I am really enjoying it, even without the blind scan feature. It is proving to be a very great STB.

RADAR

I couldn't locate a separate DVB-S2 tuner for sale here in the US or Canada
When I find the DVB-S2 tuners available for sale in the US or Canada, I will buy ...

I am hoping that once they get blind search capability for the Azbox, which I'm assuming will be via a different DVB-S2 tuner, that instead of forcing us to buy a new receiver with new tuner, that they will offer the new blind search capable tuner as an add-on . Then we can buy the new tuner, and end up with a 2 tuner box, one tuner having blind search capability, the other one without blind search.

Probably wishful thinking, but I think this would be the most likely way for us to get 2 tuner capability.

I doubt that I'll buy another Azbox. I think I'll buy the Pansat 9200 and if I like it better I'll sell the Azbox. My final decision will be made after I get my new antenna up and see if S2 4:2:2 comes in solidly. Concrete for the new antenna pad begins in the next couple of days.

I doubt that I'll buy another Azbox. I think I'll buy the Pansat 9200 and if I like it better I'll sell the Azbox. My final decision will be made after I get my new antenna up and see if S2 4:2:2 comes in solidly. Concrete for the new antenna pad begins in the next couple of days.

I will shortly be in the market for an Azbox! Let me know if yours comes up for sale!

The Pansat 9200 cant do 4:2:2 ;)
I'd hold on to the azbox for those feeds for sure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)