Spending more money on the AZBox!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I decided that I liked my AZBox Premium well enough to order a second one and a new internal SATA HDD.

I couldn't locate a separate DVB-S2 tuner for sale here in the US or Canada (probably some available, but everyplace I trusted showed no stock). So, I just ordered a whole new receiver and plan to rob the tuner from it and put it in my existing AZBox to test how it functions with two tuners. This will be a fun project.

I also ordered up a Samsung HD103SI HDD. This is a 1TB HDD. I have a 500 GB Samsung HD502HI HDD in the one I have now. Going to see if it will play ball wth the 1TB HDD.

When I find the DVB-S2 tuners available for sale in the US or Canada, I will buy two and then have two dual tuner AZBoxes.

I need this like I need Noah's Arc or the Eifel Tower in my back yard or a 20 foot TV! Ha Ha. But, I just have to experiment.

I have a great deal more to learn of this AZBox, but I am really enjoying it, even without the blind scan feature. It is proving to be a very great STB.

RADAR

I couldn't locate a separate DVB-S2 tuner for sale here in the US or Canada
When I find the DVB-S2 tuners available for sale in the US or Canada, I will buy ...

I am hoping that once they get blind search capability for the Azbox, which I'm assuming will be via a different DVB-S2 tuner, that instead of forcing us to buy a new receiver with new tuner, that they will offer the new blind search capable tuner as an add-on . Then we can buy the new tuner, and end up with a 2 tuner box, one tuner having blind search capability, the other one without blind search.

Probably wishful thinking, but I think this would be the most likely way for us to get 2 tuner capability.

I doubt that I'll buy another Azbox. I think I'll buy the Pansat 9200 and if I like it better I'll sell the Azbox. My final decision will be made after I get my new antenna up and see if S2 4:2:2 comes in solidly. Concrete for the new antenna pad begins in the next couple of days.

I doubt that I'll buy another Azbox. I think I'll buy the Pansat 9200 and if I like it better I'll sell the Azbox. My final decision will be made after I get my new antenna up and see if S2 4:2:2 comes in solidly. Concrete for the new antenna pad begins in the next couple of days.

I will shortly be in the market for an Azbox! Let me know if yours comes up for sale!

The Pansat 9200 cant do 4:2:2 ;)
I'd hold on to the azbox for those feeds for sure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)