Spent over $2k to watch steelers from omaha any alternatives?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bruehaha

Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I have hve been a dtv nfl sunday ticket subscriber since inception. Is there any way I can buy some equipment and get the pittsburgh feeds? Drives me nuts spending $279 year to get all the extra stuff when all I want is steelers games instead of KC or Denver.

Daryl
Omaha Nebraska

If you have a C-band dish pointed at 87W and a 4DTV receiver, you could subscribe to WSEE for about $50/year. Unfortunately, that CBS affiliate is a Bills secondary market, so they don't show that many Steeler games (this year it looks like 5).

You're probably best to just keep forking out the cash to show your undying devotion to your beloved Pittsburgh Pals.

I have hve been a dtv nfl sunday ticket subscriber since inception. Is there any way I can buy some equipment and get the pittsburgh feeds? Drives me nuts spending $279 year to get all the extra stuff when all I want is steelers games instead of KC or Denver.

Daryl
Omaha Nebraska

Perhaps you have a local sports bar that has Sunday ticket? That's what I do to watch the Cowboys. Of course some people would spend more money going there than buying the ticket:D

Daryl
Omaha Nebraska

The Pittsburgh HD locals are available on 118.7 in full CONUS mode with the correct dish and subscription.

I've always found the title of this thread hilarious!
And absurd.
Of course, I do feel sorry for the OP ... he's really looking for a solution to his ... addiction.

All I could think of were smart @$$ed answers, and I was trying to not post one.
.... Then I read this:
The Pittsburgh HD locals are available on 118.7 in full CONUS mode with the correct dish and subscription.
The beauty and subtlety of his answer may go over the heads of many, but if you actually get it, he speaks volumes!
The only possible problem I can see, is that an occasional home game might be blacked out.
Other than that, it's a gem! - :up

Just don't ask to have it explained. :D

I wish there was a simple answer for us displaced fans. I grew up in the Seattle-Tacoma area and have faithfully followed the Seahawks over the years. I now live in Texas and pay the freight for the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Hawks. Of course, I paid a lot more to go to home games when I lived up that way so in some respects ST is a bargain.

Same exact issue here from Belvidere, IL. I am also a dedicated Steelers fan out of market and have been paying the Sunday Ticket Price and Superfan charges (when available) to see the Steelers games for the past five years. I can honestly say I have not watched many other games that were not already on my local channels in this time. I tried talking to Directv about alternatives but nothing as expected.

At least you are spending money on a team with a chance. I am a dolphin fan in NYC so I have spent the money for nothing the last few years!!! LOL

Well I am a football fan as well so I do watch all the games I can. Also I am not stuck with the Jets & Giants every week.

DirecTV has us by the balls. You can "subscribe" up north but all said and done it is not any cheaper. It would be nice if Sunday Ticket was available to all. StarChoice has non HD Sunday Ticket for $100 Canadian versus the $179 or $279 (with stupor pack) that we are forced to pay.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

DirecTV has us by the balls. You can "subscribe" up north but all said and done it is not any cheaper. It would be nice if Sunday Ticket was available to all. StarChoice has non HD Sunday Ticket for $100 Canadian versus the $179 or $279 (with stupor pack) that we are forced to pay.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

How do they have you by the balls? Like I said, the Pittsburgh locals are available to the entire US with the correct subscription and dish.

How do they have you by the balls? Like I said, the Pittsburgh locals are available to the entire US with the correct subscription and dish.

I'm surprised Pittsburgh locals would be national. I thought that was only like Denver, LA, and NY? Then they always say you can't get them without a waiver. I thought everything else was spotbeam.

hint: ya gotta think outside the "box"

Digi -
You're preachin' to the deaf.
I'm done.
You be their hero. :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware that DirecTV had a satellite at 118.7.:p Going back to Dish is not an option. I did not like being fee'd to death. Especially for not having a landline.

I wasn't aware that DirecTV had a satellite at 118.7.:p Going back to Dish is not an option. I did not like being fee'd to death. Especially for not having a landline.
if going back to ish isnt an option, i guess enjoy you steelers and overpriced sunday ticket

i guess you have nothing to complain about then

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)