Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Spider-Man 3 falls short of Transformers on first day
What's New
By Henning Molbaek
FIRST ONLINE Nov 5, 2007

First up, Blu-ray. Sony would not discuss exact numbers yet but confirmed that it was the best selling Blu-ray title from the company yet. We will have to wait a few days to get exact numbers.

On DVD, Virgin senior product manager Chris Anstey said that "Transformers" was a phenomenon. It sold three times more than Spider-man 3 on the first day.

However, it is believed that Spider-man 3 will continue to sell trough the holiday season and pick up in numbers.

More when the first week sales numbers comes in.

Spider-Man 3 falls short of Transformers on first day - DVDTOWN.com

I think this is likely due to a poor pricing strategy.

Listed right now at BestBuy.com:

UMD: $20
DVD: $20
DVD 2-Disc: $30 (List price: $37)
Blu-Ray: $30 (List: $44)
Spider-Man Trilogy $35 (List: $39)

So instead of bringing Blu-Ray down in price, they're increasing the percieved value of collectors edition DVDs to spur Blu-Ray adoption? The same approach for those who might have any urge to get the others on DVD... the expensive 2-disc set makes the trilogy not look as expensive.

These prices are a good way to get J6P into a Blockbuster.

I think this is likely due to a poor pricing strategy.

Listed right now at BestBuy.com:

UMD: $20
DVD: $20
DVD 2-Disc: $30 (List price: $37)
Blu-Ray: $30 (List: $44)
Spider-Man Trilogy $35 (List: $39)

So instead of bringing Blu-Ray down in price, they're increasing the percieved value of collectors edition DVDs to spur Blu-Ray adoption? The same approach for those who might have any urge to get the others on DVD... the expensive 2-disc set makes the trilogy not look as expensive.

These prices are a good way to get J6P into a Blockbuster.
I guess I am tighter than even J6P. 30 bucks is too much. I will only buy BD on 2 for 1 or other deals. As far as SP3 on BD goes I will start the torrent download tonight.

I guess I am tighter than even J6P. 30 bucks is too much. I will only buy BD on 2 for 1 or other deals. As far as SP3 on BD goes I will start the torrent download tonight.

It costs more than you want to pay so you are going to steal it. Thanks for driving up prices for the rest of us. Next time try Ethics 101.

When Spiderman3 first hit the streets you could buy it for $22 - $24 just about everywhere, Target, Walmart, BestBuy, CircuitCity. Don't see why you had to pay $30?

Also, I think you need to count the Trilogy set in there as well. There are no doubt many people that did not buy Spidey 3 because they bought the set.

I purchased the trilogy at best buy for $60.99 plus tax so I thought it was a way better deal to get all 3 for the price of 2. I was hoping though that they could fit everything on one disc, but I guess blu ray still doesn't have enough space.

When Spiderman3 first hit the streets you could buy it for $22 - $24 just about everywhere, Target, Walmart, BestBuy, CircuitCity. Don't see why you had to pay $30?
It was 29 dollars of the BD at Walmart last weekend in the store. 65 for the set.

We ALL knew Transformers was going to blow everything on HDDVD and BD out of the water to date. I did not expect Spidey to do as well but it WILL sell well. Ill be buying the series for xmas along with the bourne series, the potters and the matrix set. :D

I dont agree that $30 is too much for J6P. You drop $200 on a HDDVD or $500 on a ps3 and you're gonna complain about a $30 movie. Thats like buying a Ferrari and bitching about tire cost.

I would like to see how the sales of the blu ray box set sold, as that probable had and affect on the single the episode. Transformers only had one version of their hd dvd to buy spider man you could buy the box set or the single movies.

It costs more than you want to pay so you are going to steal it. Thanks for driving up prices for the rest of us. Next time try Ethics 101.

QFT.
Moving on, I paid 31$ from costco including tax for spiderman 3 BD.

I would like to see how the sales of the blu ray box set sold, as that probable had and affect on the single the episode.
I wouldn't say probable, in fact it did have an effect. No one who buys the set is going to buy the single.
For comparison to Transformers, the numbers for single and set should be added together.

I wouldn't say probable, in fact it did have an effect. No one who buys the set is going to buy the single.
For comparison to Transformers, the numbers for single and set should be added together.

Exactly, Im waiting to buy the set, not 3 by itself.

is spiderman3 on blu ray full screen just got it with a ps3 todayand have black bars on top and bottom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts