Spike TV Star Wars Marathon!!!

Better to start with Episode 4, 5, and 6 and then do the new 3. Otherwise there's some serious spoilers :D

If you look at them as spoilers. Look at them as context that puts things in a different light and and are multi-layered. Still, just for its own value the biggest spoiler was great. :D

Better to start with Episode 4, 5, and 6 and then do the new 3. Otherwise there's some serious spoilers :D
I am not a fan, but I am old enough to have gone and watched the original 3 during their first runs at the theaters.

***Spoiler Alert****

My favorite moment throughout them all was when Luke landed on the swamp planet expecting to find the Great Jedi Knight but instead running into a funny, weird muppet first.

and THEN the funny weird muppet changes a few muscles on his funny muppet face and it becomes clear that not only is he the Great Jedi Knight...but worthy as well!

A great moment.

Many years later when Lucas came back with the new films (that I have never seen) and I heard that Yoda would be in them and my first thought was, "Well that blows a great moment to hell!"

Has any one scene or know when they are coming out on blue ray. Would love that over Spike, but I might have to DVR them anyway.

I've recorded all of them when they were shown on HBO in OAR with 5.1 without any commercials which is much better than what you're seeing now. If you have HBO I would wager the Star Wars 6 movies will be rebroadcast in the not to distant future.

Take that OAR with a bit of a grain of salt. I originally saw Star Wars in 1977 in a theatre showing it on 70mm. As far as I know, there is not a 70mm print available transferred to VCR or DVD. It's not possible.

Regarding the big spoiler in E5, I was 5 years old when I watched that and found that scene to be troubling to say the least. I spent the next 3 years saying to myself that it can't be true... it just CAN'T. I laugh at it now but it was a big deal to me then.

By the way, I saw it in a drive thru with the sound box hanging on the side of the car window...

Regarding the big spoiler in E5, I was 5 years old when I watched that and found that scene to be troubling to say the least. I spent the next 3 years saying to myself that it can't be true... it just CAN'T. I laugh at it now but it was a big deal to me then.

By the way, I saw it in a drive thru with the sound box hanging on the side of the car window...

I was about the same age and remember the same thing. It's plainly obvious now seeing the movies, but back then all my friends and I thought it was some trick or something.

I was about the same age and remember the same thing. It's plainly obvious now seeing the movies, but back then all my friends and I thought it was some trick or something.

I don't know if I'd call it plainly obvious. I don't think anyone would have made that assurtion after just watching E4 and they only BARELY hint at it in E5 before revealing it. Looking at it as an adult, it was a bit cheezy. Still has to be one of the biggest cinema shockers out there as far as what people that didn't know would have been expecting and in terms of how big the Star Wars name was at the time.

Additionally, according to a documentary I've seen, Lucas hid it from most of the cast as well so I bet a lot of them were surprised when they saw the final cut.

Well I logged into Dish.sling.com and I can't find Spike HD in the guide. so I had to jump on my sling box and set the recording that way. But, now it's set to record.

I've recorded all of them when they were shown on HBO in OAR with 5.1 without any commercials which is much better than what you're seeing now. If you have HBO I would wager the Star Wars 6 movies will be rebroadcast in the not to distant future.

Yeah I wish they'd run all 6 here in the next month before my free 3 months runs out...

I never saw the movies until they came out on dvd, I bought 4,5,& 6, then 1,2 & 3. I have watched them once. Still have no idea what spoilers you are talking about. How about a hint?

I never saw the movies until they came out on dvd, I bought 4,5,& 6, then 1,2 & 3. I have watched them once. Still have no idea what spoilers you are talking about. How about a hint?

Think this scene:
esb_luke73.jpg

Also, if you are a fan of Lost, Hurley spilled the beans on this 30 year old spoiler this week.

I think that I was watching one of the movies with Commentary on (ROTJ), and I'm pretty sure that when Yoda confirms the spoiler to Luke, that Lucas said that he had to put that into the movie because so many people left ESB not believing what Vader said.

I can't believe that I am still protecting a 30yr old spoiler. :D

Just do episodes 4 and 5, then decide if you want to go further. Anything further seems to me to have a derivative feel, though some of it is fairly interesting. Episode 2 has a serious case of the blahs. The previous comment by TNGTony about episodes 1 through 3 making about a good 3.5 hour movie is probably about right.

Just do episodes 4 and 5, then decide if you want to go further. Anything further seems to me to have a derivative feel, though some of it is fairly interesting. Episode 2 has a serious case of the blahs. The previous comment by TNGTony about episodes 1 through 3 making about a good 3.5 hour movie is probably about right.

The most dissapointing part about the last three they made is that it could have been a much better story than how they were actually done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts