SpikeTV not lining up with the guide times?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerseyMatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Midwest
Has anyone else noticed that starting around 8pm the shows begin to 'drift' out of alignment with the guide? And this is even taking the wonky start/end times they do into account. I kind of like Bar Rescue, and I've been watching Flip Men because it's one of those "so stupid it's funny" shows.. so I set the HR24, and not a single time they've recorded has it been a perfect 'start to finish' recording. I wind up with anywhere from 5-15 minutes of the previous show at the beginning, and it chops off 5-15 minutes at the end. I also noticed one recording had a scroll at the bottom : "We now join our regularly scheduled program, already in progress" after the previous show went 8 minutes into the scheduled recording.. It only seems to affect Spike. Is it a deliberate thing Viacom does to f*** the people who timeshift or is it a legitimate issue with the guide?

im gettting about 2-4 minute at the start and missing @ 2 min at the end of bar rescue

I read an article somewhere, I forget where, about they are doing this on purpose for two reasons, one, to try and intentionally screw up DVR recordings (i.e. make you watch the show "live") and the primary reason, to squeeze every last bit of advertising into the show time, I forget the details, but some way they are compressing down the show and being able to stick a few more ads per hour in.

yeah there are more ads for sure. i h ad to hit skip forward 10 times during 1 commercial

Absolutely.. I timed it out and they do 8 minutes of commercial to 5 minutes of show. So remind me again why Viacom needed a 30% fee hike?

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

exactly

I know on Nick at NIte Friends starts at 10:00 CDT and runs 33 minutes....by the time you get around midnight the last show runs until 12:17 or something

Status
Please reply by conversation.