Spiltting Satellite Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MPorterM

Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have DirecTV with a DVR. Right now, I am only able to watch/record one channel at a time because there is only one coaxial coming out of the wall. My landlord will not allow me to add a line by drilling in through the outside wall nor will he allow a second line to be run through the building. Is there any way to split the signal to the second tuner?

I ignorantly tried to split the signal at the wall with a splitter but of course that did not work. Will a diplexer combining the signal at the satellite and then another at the wall to split it out again work?

You will need to run a 2nd line or if you have a R16/R22 you could use a SWM set up (search) Signal cant be separated from 1 line on a conventional system

or another line could be ran through a window or doorway with a flat cable. A diplexer will work for a while but will cause problems soon.

I install for dtv in my opinion if you have a newer model receiver swm is the only way to go, one line works both tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)