Spirit Television Back to KTV

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I got a letter from Spirit Television with a receipt for a donation I had sent them saying they are going to be a full-time channel on Sky Angel's new IPTV service. However they are going back to KTV for the satellite customers. And... they won't be on until 11:00pm!

I had enclosed a note with my donation suggesting they get with GloryStar. As a result I received an email from them asking for information about Glorystar and I responded to that email with Glorystar's website address.

So now what will SA* replace the full time channel with? Or will they start downsizing the satellite service gradually, as they move to IPTV?

This just gets more confusing as time goes on.

It also seems somehow underhanded that SA* is not even stating this directly to subscribers, but we have to find out from the channel affected.

1 less channel again?

Its ridiculous, why are they removing spirit after just getting it back? I suggest everyone contact spirit and ask them to move to glorystar!

So that means they have the uplink equipment already, right? It would only be an issue of the monthly cost of Ku band.

correct. Spirit is right now uplinked via C-Band because Sky Angel requires its chanels to be on C-Band if they get them that way. So if they wanted to be on Glorystar they would have to work out an agreement for KU space which I assume they could. Glorystar could pluck the channel from C-band and reuplink it to KU if they wanted.

I got a letter from Spirit Television with a receipt for a donation I had sent them saying they are going to be a full-time channel on Sky Angel's new IPTV service. However they are going back to KTV for the satellite customers. And... they won't be on until 11:00pm!

I called SA and they knew nothing about it.. Supervisor told me she needed 4 days to figure out what was going on. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)