split dish 625 to 2 tvs from tv2

Chipotle

Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
I am sorry, but this I am sure has been covered. I am running on fumes and just found this site and am having trouble understanding the lingo. If anyone has a good link that will do.

I have the dish 625 receiver in dual mode. The receiver is in the basement and tv 2 is run upstairs. I have an office in the basement, that I want to put a tv in. What I would like to do, is have the signal from tv2 split to the office in the basement. I was able to split tv1, but that tv will be used, and I may want to watch another channel, and tv2 I know wont be used.

I hope thats not too confusing.

I had a splitter laying around, and ran a line to the in on the splitter from the output for tv2 on the 625, from the splitter, one went to the new tv, and the line that feeds the existing tv upstairs to the second output on the splitter. I was not able to get any signal on the test tv.

The splitter used was a Holland 2 way 5-1000Mhz. But not sure about the cables, one for sure was a rj6, the 2nd was cable from the dish box, but the other was questionalbe.

If I am on the right track but need to check cables let me know, but if the way I am going about it is way off, I'd appreciate the correction.

Last edited:
You have to change the channel on the TV to the modulated ouptut set in the 625. What channel are you using for TV2?

Splitting the TV2 output should work with the splitter you're using.

I tried using channel 2 and 3, but will check the 625 for whats set, or check the upstairs tv to see what channel its on. I assumed it would be 2,3.

TV 2 cannot be set to channels 2 or 3 or 4. TV 2 has a range of 21 - 69 air mode and 73-125 cable mode. Also note:

21 air = 72 cable
22 air = 73 cable
23 air = 74 cable
Until 43 air = 94 cable

Then it changes a bit to:

44 air = 100 cable
45 air = 101 cable
46 air = 102 cable
Until 69 air = 125 cable.

The end.

Last edited:
Thanks yall for all the help. Got it fixed. Yup, the modulation was set to channel 73, had to add the channel to the new tube and it worked. Now I got a 13" in my office. Whoo hoo. Just need to get another UHF remote and I'll be good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)