Split from CE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you using for your anti-virus? It might not be an OS related issue. It could be whatever you are using to protect your PC.
Norton 360. It's just strange that certain URL's I can see but others I can't. Weird. Oh well.

Afraid not, post the DirecTV DNS site if I am wrong. You can't because you are blocking it.

Swear all you want, if you block me, I will have your site shut down for hacking and violating many laws.

Hacking? Sorry, any of the staff members kick and ban any hackers here. Post some stuff about hacking and watch how quick it takes to get the post deleted and user banned.

Is the user paying for the services or stealing it?

Doesn't matter, you have to be honest with DirecTV on where your equipment is physically located, you know that. It encourages people to break the rules and contract. Just because a customer doesn't like the rules, doesn't mean they can break them does it? It's not a debate, it is telling people how to get around the agreement between the customer paying or not and DirecTV.

So far you are the only one that cannot see it. It has to be on your end.
Bring up a post with a URL linked in it and do a screen capture and post it here. I'd like to see what you are seeing.
It seems like you have a different color set for URL's that are appearing the same as the background.

Or you can highlight a post with a URL in it and see if the area where the URL "should" be and see if the URL appears when highlighted.

And I am sorry for asking what you are on. I think there is a misconfiguration of your PC rather than a misconfiguration of you! :)

Bring up a post with a URL linked in it and do a screen capture and post it here. I'd like to see what you are seeing.
It seems like you have a different color set for URL's that are appearing the same as the background.

Or you can highlight a post with a URL in it and see if the area where the URL "should" be and see if the URL appears when highlighted.

The background isn't the problem, I can see most of the URL's, just some I cannot. Strange. Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.
:)

And I am sorry for asking what you are on. I think there is a misconfiguration of your PC rather than a misconfiguration of you! :)

I didn't even think of the url color.

JTN, have you tried to log off of SatGuys and just browse a thread you are having issues with. Just wondering if you might be having some strange issue with your account.

JTN unlike other sites we don't block urls. (we may remove them if they are of commercial nature)

The entire purpose of the internet is to share information with others. So while I or others may not like certain links to other sites as long as it is on topic and not spam or illegal then it is welcome here.

I do hope you figure out the issue soon as there are a lot of great links here. :)

i had the same problem a year or so ago. it was a Norton Firewall problem. Norton was blocking all links on this site. Disable your Norton firewall, close internet, and try again with the firewall off.

i made a post on this issue in the staff forum a while ago.

I would split I but I am in PDA mode out at dinner.

Actually I am about 10 minutes away from JTN at the moment, he is in Springfield and I am in enfield. :)

I would split I but I am in PDA mode out at dinner.

Actually I am about 10 minutes away from JTN at the moment, he is in Springfield and I am in enfield. :)

Swing by his house and give him a hand! :D
How would that be for service? The forum owner making house calls? :eek:
And stop posting here and enjoy your family!

I cant believe i read through 8 pages of this stuff. At one point i was convinced that we should call the paramedics, as i thought JTN must have recently fallen down and hit his/her head on a blunt object. I think i read through the whole thread just to make sure he/she was ok, as i dont even have D* (nor, by extension, CE) Scott has got to be the most helpful, fair and decent forum owner i've ever encountered. I dont become a paying member till January, and i could click on the link. Scott's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)