Split Service Between Houses

ilmgadude

Jul 21, 2004
In the case where someone has a home in the surburbs and another "getaway" in the mountains. Is it possible to split a single satellite service between the two locations? i.e. Can you purchase a "two room" system and an extra dish (off eBay or something like that) and then install one receiver in one location with the dish that came with the system and the other reciever with the eBay dish in the other location?

If this is possible, it would seem like a more economical way to get service in both locations as opposed to signing up for two service contracts.

Thanks!

Dish network has a plan for this, you can tell them you have a vaction house in a different location and they will help you out.

Would it be necessary to move the reciever, or could I just use the other reciever? What if I am at one house and my wife is at the other?

My question is....Will it work as I proposed -- A standard two room system split between two locations?? :confused:

Thanks!!

Just dont connect the phone line up at both places at once. Only connect the phone line up at the number you have registered to your account or keep them both disconnected to avoid any problems. They do not want people using the service at two locations at the same time, just one place at a time.

What will I loose if I don't hook up the phone line? Doesn't all the program information come from the satellite? Will it still work without the phone like hooked up?

ilmgadude said:
In the case where someone has a home in the surburbs and another "getaway" in the mountains. Is it possible to split a single satellite service between the two locations? i.e. Can you purchase a "two room" system and an extra dish (off eBay or something like that) and then install one receiver in one location with the dish that came with the system and the other reciever with the eBay dish in the other location?

If this is possible, it would seem like a more economical way to get service in both locations as opposed to signing up for two service contracts.

Thanks!
My neighbor has a summer home about 150 miles away. He took one of his two receivers to the home. He had someone install a dish for him that he bought. He said that this was not a install by "E". He does not have any phone lines plugged into either receiver.

Yes it will work, don't hook up the phoneline - I would take it back home every couple weeks and plug it up to the phone line and let it upload the PPV info for your bill if you have any.

Most RVers take theirs with them and a dish on tripod.

The only thing the phone line is used for is to send PPV billing data to Dish Network or for some of the interactive services on channel 100. I believe you are only allowed to store 25 PPV's on the card before it will not allow you to order anymore PPV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)