Splitter question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
When ever i decide which hd receiver i want to get, i'll have an extra pansat i'd like to put out in the garage. Can i use a 5-2300 mhz splitter to run a cable over to the garage from the 8'er? I don't care to move the dish, i can just move it in the house and watch whats on the sat i'm aimed at in the garage. (really sports feeds when i'm out fiddle'in in the garage). Will something like this work and how will this effect the signal quality?
Thanks for any help!

yes it will work. You will only get one polarity though on the slaved box (the pansat)...make sure to add a dc block to the line (or just turn the LNB power off as it gets the power from the other box)

I did that a while back with my 6 footer. I had a splitter (the LNB was forced to H side only...old LNB not LNBF ;) and I had 3 boxes off that LNB...2 went to diseqc switches and one went to an analog box

would the 2 way splitter just be power pass on one side? (the side going to the house)

I've got a couple of those "1 side dc pass" splitters out in the barn. I knew i would have to turn the motor (superjack) off on the pansat when i put it in the garage. Just wasn't sure about splitting the signal.
Thanks Ice!

If you run one of those remote control v-box, g-box or whatever positioners with a wireless remote control repeater you can control the dish position from the garage.

I use a splitter with both ports power passing. that way both receivers can control the lnbf's.

I just turn off the receiver I am not using or make sure they are on the same polarity channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)