OTHER Splitter Question

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
I am attempting to run 2 receivers off 1 LNB. I am using an Invacom single output LNB. I have attached a picture of the splitter that I am using.

When I connect the splitter the master receiver works fine. The slave receiver which is connected to the non power passing port has the issue. When I do a blind scan I get a duplicate of all the channels at 850 mhz lower.

For example, when I scan 91w the ABC News one mux scans in at 12013 where it should be. However I get a duplicate of the ABC News one mux at 11163.

I appreciate all feedback.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 343
I would not think that the act of placing a splitter into your system would cause your slave to be 850 Mhz low. There has to be another reason. I am using a splitter similar to yours to feed a Motorola DSR6000 commercial receiver and the receive frequency is spot on.

Both STBs must have the 22KHz switch setting manually to the ON position, not auto.

The slave STB doesn't know the master STB has locked the internal band switch to on, so when it Blind Scans, it finds the high band channels in the low band scan (off).

The master STB sets the polarity and the band.

That has been a big edit from your previous post, if I remember correctly. :)
But yes, Titanium is right. And catamount also, but that is another solution.

Greetz,
A33

Ya, the first thing I saw was the same splitter which I had tried for a similar thing, but instead of a splitter, it would only work as a combiner.

Both STBs must have the 22KHz switch setting manually to the ON position, not auto.

The slave STB doesn't know the master STB has locked the internal band switch to on, so when it Blind Scans, it finds the high band channels in the low band scan (off).

The master STB sets the polarity and the band.

The STB's will not allow me to change the 22KHz settings while using the Universal LNB setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts