Splitters; What Exactly do I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pepse

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Western Wisconsin US
Nothing in the FAQs covered my question so here goes. I know from reading here and there, more there than here, that with the setup I have: A 10Ft SAMI dish KU & C LNB's, a GI 4DTV receiver, 2 splitters, a 4x1 DisqeC switch, and a Twinhan 102g (sic). Okay I know that I need 2 splitters. What I have right know, I was told, might not be adequate; 2 Dish network dishpro splitters. On both one side is DC & DiseqC pass. Now if these are Not adequate then I was looking on Ebay and someone has Blonder Tounge splitters for a decent price, But, it has DC Pass on both sides. Is that okay?

Later. Pepse.

This is how I would do it:
Add a receiver

make sure the splitters are high frequency and have only one port power passthrough, and use that port for the 4dtv. look for a splitter that goes to at least 2 GHz (950 MHz - 2100+ Mhz), and only one port power pass.

And, since you want to use your 102g card also, I would get 1x4 high frequency splitters, but you can use the loop out (IF output) from your DVB receiver to the 102g card. there are many options you can use?

As for your first reply, thanks that is understandable. As for your second reply, I have a GI 4DTV receiver NOT a DVB receiver, so I should only need the 1X2 High Freq splitters.

Later. Pepse.

As for your first reply, thanks that is understandable. As for your second reply, I have a GI 4DTV receiver NOT a DVB receiver, so I should only need the 1X2 High Freq splitters.

Later. Pepse.
Well ok, my mistake, my brain goes somewhere I'm not at sometimes. I was assuming you had a DVB receiver and a 102g card, but since you only have the 102g card, then a 1x2 high frequency splitter with one port power pass is what you need. The diagram should work for what you are trying to do. Good Luck!

:) Yeah, I get that too. Is Monster Cable a good brand for splitters? I mean they've been around for what? 15 years? And think they were primarily car audio when they started. So, I guess I'm kinda leery that they have and know about Satellite/cable/FTA.

Later. Pepse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)