Splitting reciever feed into 2...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djbarci

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Hello all...

I think I remember reading a post on here a while back about being able to split a feed from one of my receiver's into another room on another TV. I tried searching on here for the thread but had no luck finding it again.

I have 3 TV's with the following three receivers: 1) HR21-100, 2) HR20-100, and 3) D11-100.

Is there a way I can split the feed from one of my TV's receivers to another room's TV that doesn't have a receiver in it? If so...what do I need to make it happen?

Thank you in advance!

Hello all...

I think I remember reading a post on here a while back about being able to split a feed from one of my receiver's into another room on another TV. I tried searching on here for the thread but had no luck finding it again.

I have 3 TV's with the following three receivers: 1) HR21-100, 2) HR20-100, and 3) D11-100.

Is there a way I can split the feed from one of my TV's receivers to another room's TV that doesn't have a receiver in it? If so...what do I need to make it happen?

Thank you in advance!

All outputs on your receivers are live. You can run cables to another room, but you will have the same programming in each rooms. Remember only the component and hdmi cables carry hd signals.

Oh, okay. So the HR20 HR21 are un-splittable then?

Thanks.

No you can split the outputs but it means running red/white and yellow composite cables to the other room and then having composite inputs on that TV.
Also you can buy a modulator and connect it to the Hr's then run coax from the modulator to the TV location. The D11 just needs a 2 way splitter.

So, how does one change channels with the remote from the extra room. The remote won't connect to the receiver, or will it?

I am a novice at this. Can you recommend a model number for a decent rf remote? Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts