Splitting Voom and OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pOiNTBLaNK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
What do I need to do to spilt the OTA and Voom onto 2 seperate lines so that I may run the OTA to my TV in my room just for locals?

I just canceled D* in my bedroom and I would like to have at least locals.

THx.

Need a little more info. Do you have more than 1 Voom STB? Do you want to watch different channels on two seperate TV's? Are you using a diplexer? If you simply want OTA in the bedroom, you can split the OTA cable and run additional cable between the split and your bedroom TV. Essentially--just attaching the OTA antenna to your bedroom TV.

If you want Voom in the bedroom along with the locals, and you have 1 STB, you can use the coax-out on the STB to a multiplexer, and run coax to the bedroom. You have to watch the same thing on both TV's unless you have a second STB, and will probably need a remote extender to control that. Or...get a Universal remote that lets you control 2 TV's.

If you have a second STB, then you would split both the OTA and Voom feeds and run lines into the bedroom.

I currently only have 1 STB for the big screen in the living room. I'm using the diplexer at the moment.

I want to be able to split the OTA signal so that I may run a coax cable to the bedroom only for OTA channels.

You can split the OTA anywhere. Get a 1 input, two output splitter. Cut the line and put the connectors on, and run the old OTA out one output, and run the new OTA line to your bedroom.

can i split the cables, run a ota wire to bedroom and take the remaining ota and voom cable and put them together again for the sake of only one wire back to stb in the living room?

Sure. Before you start slicing up cables and changing connections, maybe you should think about a seperate antenna for the bedroom TV. Depending on your location, it might be a lot easier to do that. The RatShack guys are pretty good sources for info like that, and they would be familiar with what works in your area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)