Splittng TV2 Coax to 2 tv sets on w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marty29

Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Battle Creek
:confused:I am trying to split the tv2 out to the bedroom and to my 42 inch in the living room, I know that both will show the same program, thats fine. The Dish installer that did my upgrade has it split and seperated and running to the bedroom. I called them over the phone and he stated to me how to split it to the other living room tv, so I have the signal going to both tvs, I did it and It isnt working? I cant figure it out, I have auto programmed the tv and looked for the signal on all the source inputs, but still nothing, I looks on multiple channels for it also and I still cant figure this out. here I have posted some pics of the wiring set up behind the dish receiver. Maybe someone can understand it and tell me whats going on? why isnt this working at all. I can be contacted at 2692094129 or martybechman@yahoo.com

Attachments

• TV Sat Set up 001.JPG
    TV Sat Set up 001.JPG
    791 KB · Views: 211
  • TV Sat Set up 002.JPG
    TV Sat Set up 002.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 207
  • TV Sat Set up 005.JPG
    TV Sat Set up 005.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 191
.... why isnt this working at all. ...

Marty,

On your receiver go to the Menu item for your Modulated output and see if you have it set for Over The Air (OTA) or Cable and also note what channels are being used.

Now go to The TV you are trying to add and make sure its input is set to match either OTA or Cable to match what you determined the receiver was set for.

If Tv1 is the bottom one and you want Tv2 on the top tv, just use a set of RCA cables (red, white and yellow) from the TV2 output of the rec (seen in the lower right of your first pic)

Sorry if this is in some other thread-but I have my tv2 split to go to my Windows Media Center computer for TV viewing, and I'm not quite sure how to set up the thing so that I can watch dish over the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated - also what digital channel should I use for the remote to work on Media Center?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts