SPORT"S TIME OHIO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dobiegillis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
illinois
Is anybody having trouble receiving audio with Sports Time Ohio on c band dvb at echostar 9, 121w? I have perfect video with no audio. What am i doing wrong? Help! Lyng sat chart says it's fta.

Because I'm killing time, I'll go on...

There are two things that I use in addition to Lyngsat that help me. One is "The List" and one is global-cm.net's Cband MPEGlist. Both of these things will tell you when a station uses AC-3. Look at this...

SatelliteGuys.US - 121.0°W Galaxy 23 C

In that list under STO-HD, the audio PIDs start with "AC3". Some channels have both AC3 and normal audio available (look at the Sportsman's Channel on the same list). If it's only broadcast in AC3, you'll need to feed the digital signal via your receiver's coaxial digital out or optical audio out to a device that can decode it for you. This is assuming that your receiver passes AC3 to a digital out. Evidently some don't.

Iceberg, Pardon my ignorance, but Is there a simple decoder to slip in-between the output of my coolsat and audio input of my tv and utilize my tv speakers in lieu of a sonic voom?

Iceberg, Pardon my ignorance, but Is there a simple decoder to slip in-between the output of my coolsat and audio input of my tv and utilize my tv speakers in lieu of a sonic voom?
Depending on the setup you are using.....I use the RCA jack input to my TV it is easy. The Yellow Video from he receiver goes to the TV, the optical from the receiver goes to the Sonic Headphone in and the output of the Sonic through a 1/8" stereo to RCA jack "Y" sends the red and white to the TV. That bypasses the noisy Channel 3/4 tuner of the TV. You have control of the audio out of the sonic and the tv still should control the final level -- Mine does.

Okay! I think i have it. Thanks guys. This setup will help me get the other channels with missing audio also like pbs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)