Sports Illustrated Ranks The Best and Worst Owners in Sports

But spending money on the team does not make the owner a bad owner. Even if the money is badly spent....it more of a judgement issue don't ya think? I mean I have read MANY times how the Minnesota Twins owner Carl Pohland is probably the riches of ALL MLB owners, but how he is also the cheapest.....

Is?
Didn't this guy die a little while ago?

I wonder where former Piston's owner would have placed on the list if he was still alive? Ilitch's and ford's placement on their respective lists doesn't surprise me. I will say one thing in the defense of Ford. Spending money has never been the problem here. He has over-payed many an undeserving player and manager. He has built a world class stadium and related facilities, and is loyal to a fault to his employees. He just wouldn't know a "football" man if he kicked ford in the backside. I don't question his will to win, I just question his judgement of management candidates. He needs to follow Ilitch's and Davidson's lead in letting professional people run his franchise, and then staying in the owner's box, with his mouth shut.

Crawl space - outhouse. Wasn't much of a difference on that job. I had a picture of my wife , youngest son and I, before that. My wife wasn't very happy about it. That wasn't a very wide hole, and the crawl space was a total sh**hole. Hey, gotta do what you gotta do, to get paid.

It is hard to spend money worse than the Knicks have. Two years ago, they somehow managed to have a $120 million payroll in a sport with a $60 million salary cap yet still had one of the worst records in the league.

Crawl space - outhouse. Wasn't much of a difference on that job. I had a picture of my wife , youngest son and I, before that. My wife wasn't very happy about it. That wasn't a very wide hole, and the crawl space was a total sh**hole. Hey, gotta do what you gotta do, to get paid.

You put more effort into crawling through that hole than the Lions did last season.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)