Sports on Ku Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cblehm

Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Can anyone give me an idea just how much MLB and NFL there is available with a Ku-Band satellite? I know there are a few networks up there that will carry some of the games (i.e. Fox-64 in Beaumont), but are there many wildfeeds or backhauls of these pro games on Ku? I'm particularly interested in picking up the Houston pro teams (Astros and Texans). Thanks for any help you can give!

Other than the nets no NFL at all FTA on Ku, baseball games can be seen often. The problem with FTA is there is no way you can turn it on KNOWING you will be watching the/a game. FTA comes and goes, but is VERY worthwhile. Nothing quite like a ball game in HD

You may want to consider a DVB PC receiver or card (What I use) that will really open up your options for HD and 4:2:2 sports games. Add a cheap analog receiver and in a few months there will be more sports than you can watch!

and since the Texans are in the AFC, CBS has those games (unless they are at home against a NFC tem)

Astros have some games on backhaul, (the OTA ones) but its C-Band (6 foot + dish needed)

PSB said:
I see boxing FTA on a regular basis, usually weekends!

Cool... Any chance you could tell me where.. I don't have my system set up yet and it's not motorized.. This could make a big difference as to which sat I decide on..

BK

Just get a motor and the which satellite question will be irrevelant. Get an invacom lnb that does linear + circular too... yes, motor + satellite + lnb will be a little pricey expense to get it all going, but once you get it going, it's great + you don't have any monthly fees like with cable or directv... You probably end up actually saving money in the long run after about a year or so. Initial costs for me to get Winegard 76 cm + sg2100 + lnb ended up being roughly 300.00-500.00. Have not added up actual costs... plus there were some shipping prices and extra equipment bought that I didn't really need (gas money to pick up primestar that was half a state away that I ended up not using+universal lnb that's now still in a box+some extra coax wires - ended up using the coax to hook up long cord from receiver in the living room to the tv on the roof that acts as my sat. meter, but it's not used all the time)... If you take that on the high end and divide it by 12 that ends up around 50.00 a month for a year, just seems like more since it's all paid in lump sums and purchases... Cost of descent cable around here is at least 50.00 or so... we had Cable + Internet package a few years ago and the monthly price was about 110.00 a month.

I just checked TitanTV and Telefutura has “Boxeo” (peso super gallo) tonight at 8 CDT

Sounds like boxing to me :D

There are a few UPN's and a Fox onn there too :)

mastermesh said:
Just get a motor and the which satellite question < snip >

< snip >
like more since it's all paid in lump sums and purchases... Cost of descent cable around here is at least 50.00 or so... we had Cable + Internet package a few years ago and the monthly price was about 110.00 a month.

Huh? He asked a simple question and maybe the OP wants to start small before jumping into it. he is just trying to get some info, that's all :)

And other than some ramblings, I don’t understand the post. My god if I did that (explain how much money I stuck in FTA) I could write a book :D

mastermesh said:
Just get a motor and the which satellite question will be irrevelant. Get an invacom lnb that does linear + circular too... yes, motor + satellite + lnb will be a little pricey expense to get it all going, but once you get it going, it's great + you don't have any monthly fees like with cable or directv...

Yeah, in the future but, I'm just starting out and have decided to take it slow.. Money isn't as much of a problem as some other factors of my life, at this point anyway..

I do also have the possiblely of setting up a Primestar dish.. I still have the pole out back and my father still has a Primestar dish (39"x43") and LNB I can use.. So, maybe 2 sats on 2 dishes for now that should keep me busy..

BK

Iceberg said:
I just checked TitanTV and Telefutura has “Boxeo” (peso super gallo) tonight at 8 CDT

Sounds like boxing to me :D

There are a few UPN's and a Fox onn there too :)

Iceberg, where is TitanTV.. I didn't see it on G10 on the LyngSat page..

Sorry

TitanTV is an online customizable TV Guide. I have 4 sets of channels in there
-my OTA channels
-My StarChoice nets (I have a subscription to StarChoice)
-FTA channels
-other chanels

All in one easy to see list.

Iceberg said:
Sorry

TitanTV is an online customizable TV Guide. I have 4 sets of channels in there
-my OTA channels
-My StarChoice nets (I have a subscription to StarChoice)
-FTA channels
-other chanels

All in one easy to see list.

Hahaha, that's why I didn't see it..

That sounds like a nice Guide system.. Is it pay or free..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat and Fortec remotes

Newbie Question: Gear to get SatMex 5 or PAS 1R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)