Sports on Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Okay, I think I'm finally ready to make the jump to VOOM, but I'm having a hard time finding any information at all on Sports Programming or future sports programming. I desperately want HD Content for my TV, and I'm convinced that VOOM is the best place to go to get it. The current deals are just too good to pass up.

After reading these forums, I'm assuming that ESPN is pretty much a done deal and VOOM will have it sooner rather than later. I can live without ESPN for a while, so that's ok (the only channel they don't have that I watch now is TechTV, and that's not a huge loss).

Ok, but beyond that are there any plans for VOOM to get stuff like the NBA League Pass or MLB Extra Innings? Honestly, I'm most concerned about the NBA. I can get all my Bears games on ESPN and the Local FOX, CBS, and ABC stations. However, I don't see how it will be possible for me to watch the Bulls games at all with VOOM (yes I know the Bulls suck, but I'm a hopeless fan).

Does anyone know what the chances are of VOOM carrying the new Comcast Sports Chicago Network launching this fall? Or perhaps the chances of them getting the national WGN channel (it covers a few Bulls games). I know I can't get a definite answer on any of this, but I'm just looking for more of a general consensus. This is really the only issue I have left to resolve in my mind before I pick up the phone and order.

This forum has been wonderful for answering all of my questions so far. You guys seem very nice, and it's been a pleasure reading all of the information about VOOM.

HeavyC said:
Okay, I think I'm finally ready to make the jump to VOOM, but I'm having a hard time finding any information at all on Sports Programming or future sports programming. I desperately want HD Content for my TV, and I'm convinced that VOOM is the best place to go to get it. The current deals are just too good to pass up.

After reading these forums, I'm assuming that ESPN is pretty much a done deal and VOOM will have it sooner rather than later. I can live without ESPN for a while, so that's ok (the only channel they don't have that I watch now is TechTV, and that's not a huge loss).

Ok, but beyond that are there any plans for VOOM to get stuff like the NBA League Pass or MLB Extra Innings? Honestly, I'm most concerned about the NBA. I can get all my Bears games on ESPN and the Local FOX, CBS, and ABC stations. However, I don't see how it will be possible for me to watch the Bulls games at all with VOOM (yes I know the Bulls suck, but I'm a hopeless fan).

Does anyone know what the chances are of VOOM carrying the new Comcast Sports Chicago Network launching this fall? Or perhaps the chances of them getting the national WGN channel (it covers a few Bulls games). I know I can't get a definite answer on any of this, but I'm just looking for more of a general consensus. This is really the only issue I have left to resolve in my mind before I pick up the phone and order.

This forum has been wonderful for answering all of my questions so far. You guys seem very nice, and it's been a pleasure reading all of the information about VOOM.
Don't bet on more sports being added w/Voom(except for ESPN)-Keep D* for now and add Voom to it if you crave more HD

Well, that's just the thing. I have E* now, and I don't believe they'll even carry the Chicago Sports Network this fall. I also don't want to pay for 2 TV services. I think I'll end up just going without it and see what happens.

LOL, yeah that might work. :D

Anyway, I think I can make it for a while without the Bulls games. I feel like at the very least they would be adding the League Pass at some point in the future, especially if the broadcasts are in HD.

Are you in the Chicagoland area? WGN will broadcast some of the Bulls home games this season and will be broadcasting them in HD. I'm guessing with the team they have now, that is more then enough Bulls action for one season!

Unfortunately, I'm down around the Peoria area. WGN isn't one of our local stations. However, VOOM adding the WGN-HD National Network would work just fine for me.

I'd think there would be at least a decent chance of them adding it at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts