Sports Pack question: LSU-McNeese State game in southwest La.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Louisiana
Long time lurker, first time poster - I've got a question about Fox Sports Southwest, ESPN Gameplan, and the Sports Pack.

The game involved that I want to see is LSU-McNeese State, at 6 p.m. Saturday night and telecast by Fox Sports SOUTH and Sun Sports. Of course, where I live (southwest Louisiana - home of McNeese, and locale of numerous LSU fans), Directv only offers Fox Sports Southwest -- which will show the Oklahoma-Iowa State game (zzzzzz).

Now, the guide shows what I just noted above. I considered ordering ESPN Gameplan for the game, but it is blacked out in Louisiana on Game Plan.

So, it seems my only option is to order the Sports Pack and get Fox Sports South and Sun Sports. BUT - will the game be blacked out on those channels?

Very confusing situation, and a lot - a LOT - of people in the local area are very interested in the game and will be enormously PISSED if they can't see it -- especially since every other cable outlet in the area has made arrangements to show the game.

Anyone? Iceberg? Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
checking a site I show that game on the following
FSN SW
FSN Houston
SunSPorts
FSN South

So if you have FSN SW you **should** be able to see it on FSN Houston. The map shows it blacked out for you on Game Plan

edit: checking McNeese website it says this
McNeese State and LSU tie up in a historic football game Saturday in Baton Rouge. Kickoff is 6:08 p.m. and the game will be televised live over Fox Sports Net (Channel 27 on the local SuddenLink cable).

So whatever FSN they get on cable you should get on sat...if its FSN Houston check that (shows as a RSNalt)

well as of right now the game is on like 6 channels...no blackouts

FSN South & SOuth2 (alternate) and Sunshine all have it

The issue with this game was this:

FS Southwest and FS Houston only carry the SEC on FSN games in SEC territory (on an alternate feed). Outside of SEC territory, they carry a different game. Since those channels are based outside of Louisiana and Arkansas, the usual FS Southwest and FS Houston channels on DirecTV will have different programming. DirecTV should make the game available on an alternate FS Southwest/FS Houston channel to Louisiana residents, although I'm not 100% sure which channel that would be. Maybe the FS South 2 Alternate?

probably...the FSN South2 is probably what they used for LA (Louisiana...not Los Angeles) ;) residents

Just wanted to say thanks Iceberg - really appreciate your insight, I was able to watch the game.

cool. Were those stations you mentioned above blacked out?

Thats the thing I've noticed this year having the sports pack with D*....most of the games that "game plan" carries are on a RSN too and not blacked out....Only one I came across was a Boise State game that was on Sportstime Ohio and blacked out..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)