Sports pack question..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crimpshrine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
NC
I'm thinking of going with Directv soon and was wondering if I order the "Sports Pack" and have the HD package, will I get all the regional sports channels in HD? I know pro sports will be blacked out and stuff but was wondering if it was set up like Dish Network? Thanks for the help guys..

Thanks rad for the quick response. So if it is offered as a 24/7 RSN, I would be able to get the RSN in HD with the Sports Pack add on package?

Just to add this in, I wasn't thinking clearly in my original post.. I said the sports pack being like Dish, but they only offer game only RSN HD channels and don't have full-time RSN's, so it wouldn't be like Dish..So my bad on that one..:p

Yep, Sports Pack and HD Access would get you all the 24x7 RSN's in HD.

FYI, besides during pro games there are other times the RSN's are blacked out. Example, CSN Chicago has a weekly show recaping Bears, Cubs or Sox games, those shows are also blacked out, stupid but it's the rules the sports franchises make them follow.

For what it is worth, I am a new DirectTV customer (as of Monday the 12th) and am disappointed in the sports pack. ALL professional games on RSNs are blacked out with the exception of the Carolina Hurricanes games which air on my local FoxSports that I would get without the SportsPack. This leaves a handful of miscellaneous college games and regional high school games and the RSNs re-runs of Best Damn Sports Show Period and Poker.

Personally, the channels in the pack that I would watch are NBATV, CBSSports (They air a few ECU games), and ESPNU. I do not know why NBATV and ESPNU aren't part of the basic DirectTV line up while MLBTV is.

Also, in our region if you are planning on watching the Charlotte Bobcats games, you will not be able to. DirectTV neglected to pay the extended market viewing fee, so only those 75 miles from Charlotte can see their team play. If you live elsewhere in NC, Bobcats games are blacked out, even if you pay for the NBA Leage Pass.

Rad is absolutely right, I couldn't even watch the Dallas Mavericks pregame show earlier this week as it was blacked out. I would look at a few nights of programming for the package and see what you would actually watch to justify the costs.

Peachtree TV

What about Braves games that are on Peachtree TV. Are viewers in NC able to get that channel? It looks like this channel will be carrying some Braves games again this season. If other viewers in NC were able to get Peachtree, was it in HD? Thanks!

hayes : yes. last season there was a peachtree channel that popped up when the games came on. Can't recall if it was in HD though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.