Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I have been thinking about adding sports pack, but with a majority of the channels being FSN that repeat shows that I can see on my local FSN, is it worth the ten bucks a month, I see that ESPN U is on that but I just dont know if its worth it I guess I can try it for at least 30 and see..Any thoughts?

I have been thinking about adding sports pack, but with a majority of the channels being FSN that repeat shows that I can see on my local FSN, is it worth the ten bucks a month, I see that ESPN U is on that but I just dont know if its worth it I guess I can try it for at least 30 and see..Any thoughts?

Depends on what you are looking for.

Where I live, the main RSN I get in TC+ is Comcast Chicago, however, i'm also in the home markets for all of the Minnestoa, Wisconsin, and Missouri sports teams, so with a subscription to the sports package, all pro games in those markets (except the Milwaukee Bucks & KC Royals) are available to me.

Also, having the sports package gives me access to Big 12 programming, something that Comcast Chicago doesn't provide.

If I understand the sports pack correctly, it is good for shows on the channels they provide in the package for programming not available through a PPV package (MLB:EI, NHL:CI, ESPN:CC, ESPN:GP). So, If you're looking for college programming (not basketball or football games) like coaches shows, hockey, volleyball, etc then the sports package is for you. Then you also get all the programming available on CSTV and ESPNU.

I would be interested in this package if it weren't for the Big Ten Network launching this fall.

Unless you don't live in your fav. teams area, then it might be good for specialty shows, but they black out alot of games, and since you live in your teams area it isn't worth it IMO.

Once again depends on what your looking for, I like it you see a lot of college b-ball and f-ball games out of your area. For pro sports " Live" that is it is a waste unless you subscribe to E.I. or C.I./NBA packs. You can however keep up with all the pro sports teams from those areas,which is nice if you have moved or like a particular team that is not within your viewing area.

I have it just to watch all of the sports and sports talk shows in Pittsbutgh, live in California. They block out all of the games. Also you get your local FSNs for free so it's not worth it unless your a nut like me.

things that you will get with the sports pack:

2 channels full of soccer:
an Outdoorsy channel.. or two.
Lots of College and High School sports (Hockey, baseball, softball,soccer, even basketball, and football if the games aren't in the other sports packages)
Arena Football League
Canadian Football League
Indoor Lacrosse
Horse Racing
Poker,poker,and more poker

I get it so I can watch my Local Red Wings and Tigers, even though D* doesn't seem to think that 48 miles is close enough to be my local team. And NO they won't give it to me as part of my TC package, they give me FSN Ohio instead.

Jimbo

I get it so I can watch my Local Red Wings and Tigers, even though D* doesn't seem to think that 48 miles is close enough to be my local team. And NO they won't give it to me as part of my TC package, they give me FSN Ohio instead.

Jimbo

hmm.. my local RSN is FSN Ohio too, but I am 25 miles from Cleveland.. will the sports pack give me the tigers too?

For me the Sports package is a great deal. Actually it is one of the reasons I dumped cable, for D*. I enjoy watching the locally produced sports shows, college hockey, local NASCAR racing shows, from around the country. I know the pro sports are blacked out, but to me it is still worth it.

The Sports Pak in not worth it in my opinion. Same shows on multiple channels and majority of programming is blacked out. The odd sports programming that is available does not warrant the price you pay for it.

okay.. if I added the sports pak would I get the Twins?

I live in a border town on the Mississippi river.. I currently get the Brewers on 462 which is the alternative channel.. if I added the sports pak would I get the Twins as well on 641.. this would give me access to both leagues which I really would like..

But I want to know if this absolutely would happen and not be making a mistake..

Jimbo

If I would get Sports pack I can watch Cavalier B-Ball:rolleyes: .

Like I would actually pay to watch a Cleveland team.

if ESPNU becomes a part of a different package, and Setanta picks Italy's soccer league from GOLTV.. I may consider dropping sports pack.

I got it so I could watch my Syracuse football/basketball games since I live in Texas. I got some but most of them would be blacked out. Even MSG would do the same thing for some talk shows. I called D* to ask what's up and was told those specific events were for only those ares. That just doesn't make sense so I ended up canceling the Sports Pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)